Sign in to follow this  
NZ_InFerno

E81 130i MSport 2008

1 hour ago, qube said:

ahh makes sense then i guess.

so to summarize:

He paid for most of it, then forked out a good $3-400 on ppi and tints, damaged the bumper another $500 or so and decided to walk because of a leaky shock? hilarious. best story of 2019 so far.

I think you are allowed to keep the deposit but im guessing you returned it minus the total cost of the above? good guy..

Just found the receipt for the tints too. Also unless I'm mistaken he's also put a usb into the glovebox, I'm sure it wasn't there before lol

I don't really know the deposit rules, but I use one if I want to buy a car and the seller will hold it for me, so its usually not a big amount, or if I want to get a ppi done. It's always refundable except if something goes awry, and differs on circumstance.

Like in this case where he basically had paid for the vehicle, in terms of the deposit amount, because he would have it for a couple of days and I was away. I did return most of it, but kept enough to cover the estimated cost of the bumper.

1 hour ago, BlackrazorNZ said:

Sounds like there could be a profitable business venture in the offing :D

Take deposits from potential purchasers, allowing them to apply various upgrades before causing minor damage and paying for all of it, then returning the car in exchange for the balance of the deposit.

Perhaps hand them a wish list? ?

'If you're going to apply some unauthorised upgrades while you're testing it, an Eventuri air intake would be my preference. Failing that, some cross bracing? Thanks mate!'

He could have at least put some wheels on it lol

1 hour ago, Jacko said:

Probably good to be honest, E81s are rare. Dont want to sell it to a numpty who isnt prepared for basic maintenance things like changing shocks (which isnt expensive, nor difficult)

Yeah he didn't seem like he thought it through that well,  but to be fair he's been reasonable to deal with so far. 

13 minutes ago, qube said:

I would be all over it if it wasnt for the interior.. and the price is a bit high for me when E87's are going for 5k

The cheapest comparable E87, so LCI and lowish kms (70k) on trademe is $12k. Someone is selling one supercheap on here for 7K which is a steal if you want one. I'd buy it if I didn't have two atm. 

Next cheapest would be my E87 which is 6k, but that has done over 200k kms.

So if you have a secret source for E87 130i for 5k I'd be super interested.  

• Like 1

I wouldnt sell my old prelci E87 with a squillion ks on it for less than 15 :D Prices on these things is going to climb at some point, its only very recently its plummeted, the tide of japanese imports will stop at some point. 

Edited by Jacko
  • Like 1

this one sold for $5650 https://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=2034764026&archive=1

gorgasm's one on here for 7k is an absolute steal for the condition and kms

jayden also selling one for 6k https://www.trademe.co.nz/2024864059

kms is a big factor in the price of course.

I paid 15k for mine a few years ago and sold it for 12k and that was a 2010 lci with sunroof.

prices have really come down a lot which is a shame these things are awesome, my only issue would be the highish fuel consumption for around town.

The interior is nicer in person, and much nicer than a boring black interior. My only worry would be about dirtying the carpets, but mats will help that.