Sign in to follow this  
beemwr

E30 M3 Prices of cars that have sold.

Noticing several e30 m3's coming through Trade Me recently with asking price tags well over $100K.

Have there been any e30 M3's sold over the last year or so in NZ?

I was England a couple of years ago and saw price tags over NZ$200k even those showing the patina of time and age..

I follow a couple of the sites in the US  and our pricing seems similar to them.

Is it our lack of people or do people with the money not buying?

Edited by beemwr
mistake with numeral

Meet a guy at e30 megameet 2016 who had been offered 90k the week earlier for his m3. I think it was just a standard m3 but a very nice one at that so money is out there just a limited amount of people who want to spend it on an e30

2 hours ago, Gaz said:

Meet a guy at e30 megameet 2016 who had been offered 90k the week earlier for his m3. I think it was just a standard m3 but a very nice one at that so money is out there just a limited amount of people who want to spend it on an e30

Did he think that was a fair price?

I wonder how many e30 M3's there are in NZ.

Japanese M3's imports certainly have been pumped into NZ too, a supply for the demand perhaps. For any sale to occur there has to be a willing seller and a willing buyer coming to an agreement. 

The 3x e30 M3 I notice on TM all are asking $125k with a lot of interest and none of selling very fast.

He was a little taken back by the offer as he wasn't expecting that much. At the time he declined, he said he didn't know what he would by in place of it

I’m sure there will be some at the Brit & Euro this weekend. Don’t know if any that sold recently but seen a couple imported from Japan in questionable condition wanting good money for it. 

It all depends what you call "good money" thanks to the sky high prices on E30 M3s right now they are a worldwide commodity, and many cars are moving country to country. Unfortunately the very best E30 M3 and another very, very good one have both been sold to overseas buyers recently.

TradeMe is not really where a serious E30 M3 seller would be looking to advertise their car, as you say there are very few people in NZ that are prepared to pay that kind of money for a classic car. Although this proposed Capital Gains Tax that excludes classic cars may soon change that! Other much larger markets overseas have a shortage of good cars and there are many more well healed buyers there.

As long as they are not driven on our roads!

20 minutes ago, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

It all depends what you call "good money" thanks to the sky high prices on E30 M3s right now they are a worldwide commodity, and many cars are moving country to country. Unfortunately the very best E30 M3 and another very, very good one have both been sold to overseas buyers recently.

TradeMe is not really where a serious E30 M3 seller would be looking to advertise their car, as you say there are very few people in NZ that are prepared to pay that kind of money for a classic car. Although this proposed Capital Gains Tax that excludes classic cars may soon change that! Other much larger markets overseas have a shortage of good cars and there are many more well healed buyers there. 

Yeah, American Muscle cars now flooding in too, so people have more choices here.

10-20% of top earners have the ability to control the markets and diversify where they spread their spending money. Big shed, under climate control, on a rural land banked block with infinite  vehicle numbers stashed  brings a better yield than money in the bank in most cases.

The CGT (if it gets past the post) and GST (not easily collected) will increase the demand for 'collectable' motor vehicles ( what ever the definition of 'collectable' is these days.)

The e30 M3 does have a finite number worldwide and it's origin, history, reputation and desirability of having an ultimate period car is a definite target for the collectors.

4 minutes ago, shuey said:

As long as they are not driven on our roads!

Yeah, haven't managed to get my M3 out of the Akld grid locked traffic, to date, to get it across that tiny bridge to head north and let rip on the diminishing bituman roading.

On ‎3‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 9:47 PM, C-130 Hercules said:

I’m sure there will be some at the Brit & Euro this weekend.

I counted four there, three genuine and one replica.

One of the genuine cars was for sale - tastefully modified car so it's very hard to put a price on it. I have known the owner and car for a number of years, so I didn't even bother asking his price, as 1) I couldn't afford it and 2) it's far too nice a car to turn into a racer.

IIRC he was prepared to take 120k on the day... lovely early example. The Sport Evo next to it was also exceptional.

I also counted 4, which was the rep? The JPS one? If so, very nice job.

NZD$120k = GBP 60,600 = USD$80,200 at today's exchange rates.

So purchasing power of approx GBP 50k and USD$69k if my rough maths is correct, taking back GST and shipping costs. Interesting what you can buy in those markets for that kind of money.

I'd think the owner would negotiate with serious parties, we were just joking around about not having enough. But either way, +/- it's CSL money.

Yup, and more than twice the price of that 1M which was there.

If only I didn’t want an E30 M3 so bad, to drive NOT as an investment, there is much better bang for buck.

I was wondering why it was only getting 230bhp with all the modifications, when later 2.3s were getting 215bhp, missed the bit that says "at the wheels" LOL.

Again, it is very hard to put a price on this car as it has so many good performance bits on it (all in keeping with the M3 and OEM+ style) but is not the "100% original" that so many collectors are looking for. Do hope it goes for close to that money, as I know how much time and effort the owner has put into this car over the years and that they really don't want to sell it.

There are a couple of cosworth mercs on tardme at the moment, look like an absolute bargain compared to E30 M3 prices. 

10 hours ago, Jacko said:

There are a couple of cosworth mercs on tardme at the moment, look like an absolute bargain compared to E30 M3 prices. 

The Cosworths are more of an E30 M325 competitor.

190E Evos are more M3 alternative, which have asking prices of up around usd 200k.

edit. Now that most of the significant classics (from Europe, US, Australia) have reached price a point that is out of reach for the average car enthusiast, I think both the E30 M325 and the 190E Cosworths are a realistic and safe buy that are guaranteed to go up in value. 

Edited by coop