Sign in to follow this  
jasera94

*clutch help needed*

Hi team,

I have recently embarked on a project E30 M20B25 recondition running a gertreg 260 with a new Sachs clutch kit off FCP Euro.

The issue I’m having is that clutch pedal feels spongy and won’t won’t disengage the clutch- despite bleeding multiple times, replacing both the Master & slave cylinders. 

I feel as though the slave cylinder rod is fully pushed forward already and doesn’t even have enough reach to push it further. 

any ideas? 

Have i read something on here about different length release bearings? Might pay to have a quick search

Have a read:

Thanks guys,

There is only one clutch kit on the website for the G260 on the website and everything else was an exact replacement, I remember comparing the old with new and the throw out bearing was the same length. Im also using the same old push out rod on the slave and putting it on the same position it came out.

I will email FCP to see what they say about the length of the throwout bearing.

Clutch plate installed the wrong way ?

Update on the clutch... Thank you to all that helped!!

I ended up removing the Transmission and found that the release bearing was not in place... Not sure how but it popped out while installing originally but resolved now.

Took the car for its first little drive.. upon reversing her back into the garage she died.. 4-5 times.. to the point where I couldn't start the car again because the battery died.

I'm assuming its the new clutch biting more along with the power steering needing more from the engine causing it to die... any thoughts?

Another thing I found  is that the shifter (all new bushings etc) only lightly clicks into gear.. would this mean i'm in need of new Detent springs/have them the wrong way round?

Another thing I have found is that the gears grind quite easily.. Not sure if I'm just used to a hydraulic clutch or my transmission is about to crap itself. 

Appreciate any feedback - shes my first E30 so not sure what to be looking for.