Sign in to follow this  
KwS

WTD: E36 328i cluster

After a cheap 328i cluster. Must be in working condition but don't care about cracked plastic, KMs etc as it will only be for testing.

• Like 1

Can throw you one from an E36 325i sedan if that's any help? Cost of a courier bag and it's yours, probably around $15.

9 hours ago, Mad_Max said:

Can throw you one from an E36 325i sedan if that's any help? Cost of a courier bag and it's yours, probably around $15.

Thanks but I think for my tests it has to be a 328 cluster 

• Like 1

Someone may correct me if I'm wrong, ETK's all show the same part # from 316/318 through to 328I, I'm pretty sure it's just the individual gauges themselves that change per model. 

You may want to check about milage sync with the LCM...

If you use a new cluster without syncing it (the odo) to the rest of the car you'll get a tamper light on the cluster that can't be extinguished. No problem if you're only using that cluster to test but I'm not sure what happens if you don't sync and then put your original cluster back in. You'd hate to trigger a tamper on that and have to get a new one!

You may find it's not an issue but I'd recommend checking that out before you start (if you haven't already).

If you do need to sync then the highest milage will be used so you need a cluster with lower milage than your car.

Tanper dot is easy to get around. 

Either reprogram vin number and milage to the eeprom/m35080 or just replace with a new eeprom/m35080 and the dme and dash will automatically rewrite the data. 

I have a nice faulty 328 dash cluster... 

8 minutes ago, dirtydoogle said:

Tanper dot is easy to get around. 

Either reprogram vin number and milage to the eeprom/m35080 or just replace with a new eeprom/m35080 and the dme and dash will automatically rewrite the data. 

Yep, sounds like a piece of cake! ?

Good to know it's possible though.

• Haha 1