Sign in to follow this  
qube

Bmw bonnet boot badge emblem

WTB one or two in good condition. 

My eBay alpina ones have been ruined by the UV light and yellowed and cracked. 

Genuine preferred. 

Cheers

82mm?

I just got two of these: https://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=1984877838

Great price.

Now there's lots of trash ones on Trademe and I was sceptical but they arrived quickly, come with (what appear to be genuine) BMW labels and state they are made in Germany on the label and on the back of the badge which is black (most counterfeit ones have a silver back). Seller also claims they are fade-free.

Can I be 100% sure they're genuine? No, but at $15 a pop I was happy to take the risk. They look legit.

Edited by M3AN

yes 82mm, the $15 one looks pretty good, if its not genuine (i have my suspicion based on price) its a high quality replica.

The really cheap ones are horrible.

the black back plate is a good sign, the chrome backed ones are 100% fakes.

I’ve got one of the link above coming to me - I can review relative to my original one if anyone wants?

High res:

http://www.davesanthology.com/public/images/automotive/random_pics/82mmRoundel_01.jpg

http://www.davesanthology.com/public/images/automotive/random_pics/82mmRoundel_02.jpg (protective film still on)

If they're not legit they're the best copies I've seen.

Edited by M3AN
This forum software is so sh*t

^ these 7pc packs is exactly what I got and the quality was fine when new, but after being in the sun for a few months the bonnet badge is completely faded and cracked.

the wheel emblems and boot emblems are fine because it doesnt see direct sunlight as much.

52 minutes ago, Rick_Tangle said:

Dude you can get full badge packs from Aliexpress, Surprisingly high quality .Even come in "Genuine" BMW Packaging.

Keep the packaging and chuck the badges in the bin. Last about 5 mins in NZ conditions. As with most things in life, you get what you pay for.

• Like 2

Soooooo..... I popped off my old one with a trim removal tool and it’s silver underneath. Therefore I assume it’s not an OEM one. One of the stalks also broke off in the car meaning I had to slowly drill it out to fit the new one. 

General impression is that it’s relatively good quality. 

4EDC9096-2BEC-493E-A58D-00711BD3218D.jpeg