Sign in to follow this  
qube

NZ NEW E34 540iA $3900!

Ad seems a bit half arsed - could be a great buy for someone depending on what exactly the "cosmetic issues" are. Also odd that they've only had it a month (says the guy selling the car he's owned for less than four - haha).

This was on trademe for 2.5k not long ago in Christchuch iirc. Guessing he's added on his expenses to the price with some profit.

Paint\panel are poor (it had a major respray patch failure on the left rear quarter if memory serves). All this guy has done is take pictures in the dark to hid the fact along with a weak ass description rather present it how it is.

• Like 6

I love these cars but they are a project cars more than anything now, need a lot of mechanical TLC and the cosmetics are another matter, the majority of 540i E34s are as rough as your average 90s Honda Accord, mostly unloved.

It would be wonderful to restore one of these, but wouldn't be a good investment unless the long term plan is keeping it. 

Whether or not buying an E34 M5 is more viable and restoring one of those is probably more logical, but the initial cash outlay for one of those is much greater, and of course harder to find. 

Factory manuals, probably the sport models are the ones worth spending on as long as they aren't too far gone. Mechanical wise they still cheap to fix in my book compared an overhaul on the newer models, but yeah wouldn't want to pay anyone to do that due to labor costs.

I do wonder what happens to that white Naghi motors M5 that was bought by someone here recently.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Eagle said:

I do wonder what happens to that white Naghi motors M5 that was bought by someone here recently.

Forgot about that. Looked like a good base for restoration despite its roughness and LHD. 

• Like 1

I wonder what happened to the manual black 540i owned by Matt? think it was on ACS wheels IIRC

Was it that manual converted one on trademe?

i know these engines are good but i would take one with 150ks over 372ks for sure

• Like 1

Thats nothing, id take whatever is in the best condition as usual. The maroon looks tidy expect for the stone chips everywhere but has probably had most things replaced unlike a 150,000 example.

• Like 1

On 3/22/2019 at 2:05 PM, Eagle said:

It’s being restored at the moment by a worthy owner.....saw it recently and it’s being done right.

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, Creaver said:

Wash your mouth out :P

Fight me. 

Behind the bike sheds after 6th period ?

Holy hell look at the paint on the rear left quarter, daylight photos on the listing now.  I'd be a little worried about what the heck is up with the rear ride height, 

Edited by EUROLESS

31 minutes ago, qube said:

still a nice looking car..

here is a 535i manual https://www.trademe.co.nz/2016113833

Stop teasing me! ;) 

graham u need to stop looking at cars! (i tell myself the same thing)

• Sad 1

30 minutes ago, qube said:

graham u need to stop looking at cars! (i tell myself the same thing)

As my daughter would say - sad reacts only. ?

On 4/7/2019 at 3:47 AM, Creaver said:

Wash your mouth out :P

you_got_a_friend_in_me.mp3

• Like 1