Sign in to follow this  
Kodachrome

My 130i MSport 2008

11 hours ago, Kodachrome said:

Any other interest here? Relisted on TM now too.

My wife's amenable to replacing the Mazda - I just need to work out if the lads can fit in the back ? ? 

Might have a squiz at an E87 in the weekend to work this out - and compare it to an E90.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, TermiPeteNZ said:

My wife's amenable to replacing the Mazda - I just need to work out if the lads can fit in the back ? ? 

Might have a squiz at an E87 in the weekend to work this out - and compare it to an E90.

I think the e87 may be tight on legroom for the lads, though worth qualifying.

yes e 87 hatch??? quite restricted for legroom in the back esp if front seat occupants are tall

On 4/13/2019 at 8:48 PM, kiwi535 said:

yes e 87 hatch??? quite restricted for legroom in the back esp if front seat occupants are tall

As much as these look like great fun anything that's a bit cramped in the back isn't going to fly to replace the wife's car... think I'll need to focus on F20 and F25 X3....

3 hours ago, TermiPeteNZ said:

As much as these look like great fun anything that's a bit cramped in the back isn't going to fly to replace the wife's car... think I'll need to focus on F20 and F25 X3....

You should have a look yourself. Im sure the X3 is bigger in the rear seating area (it would have to be, totally different class of vehicle) but I doubt the F20 is much/any practical amount larger. I know the 130i has more usable space due to head and legroom than the 3 series coupe I had (a 335d). Hatchbacks are nicely economical with their layout.

From: https://www.thecarpeople.co.uk/blog/bmw-1-series-size-dimensions-guide

Inside the 1 Series, you can expect to find similar headroom to its rivals, though there is no compromise in the rear regardless of how many doors you go for, unlike the A3. The first generation offers 966mm in the front and 969mm in the rear, whilst the second generation offers 1018mm in the front and 972mm in the rear.

In terms of shoulder-room (horizontal space in the cabin), the 1 Series offers 1423mm in the front and 1414mm in the rear (1398mm for 3-door), and the second generation offers 1400mm in the front and 1417mm in the rear.

I mean no BS its not huge or the best you can buy if you want rear legroom, but its not a supermini class tiny city car either. 

if the front seat is well back there is very very little room.I am 190cm, our daughter(who is also quite tall) could not sit behind me in the 120d

Had a sit in an F20 today.

Rear legroom is not awesome at all. Much better in the E83 and F25 X3s.

Oh well.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TermiPeteNZ said:

Had a sit in an F20 today.

Rear legroom is not awesome at all. Much better in the E83 and F25 X3s.

Oh well.

For the purposes of this thread, it could be confusing to anyone reading that later, the 1-Series definitely should and does have smaller rear seating than the two SUV's you compared it to. This should not be a surprise. ?

• Like 2