Sign in to follow this  
nzodea

not trademe but Z coupe S54

Saw one for sale for $12K the other day.  The mint ones are high priced.  But there is many many thrashed ones.

And Bring a trailer should never be used to gauge car prices.  There are some serious muppets buying cars on there.

jeez, if they're worth 50k USD, what's my original dealer brochure worth these days?! ?

I bought a really well priced Triumph Jack Pine scrambler off BAT a wee while ago. Almost a bargain, until you get it to the Compliance Nazi's here in NZ!!

The really low mileage Z3M red car that sold on BAT a couple of months ago for circa $95kusd has given all other Z3m owners a very inflated view of their own cars value. But, in fairness, it does seem the place for sellers to be given the popularity of the site.

The z3 coupe that sold for $12k was a 3.0i, with a USA tune (ie, bugger all hp) and overpriced even at that low figure!!   imho.

The one I saw sell for $12K (or whatever the deal ended up being) was advertised on a East Coast BMW facebook thing.

Most are driven pretty damn hard here.  Maybe why the good ones are going for so much.  Also collector hype of people hoping to get the next E30 M3.

The fake US E36 M3's are going up in price though.  No idea why.  They are sh*t compared to a real one.

Join EastCoast BMW Classifieds on facebook if you want to see some more realistic prices here.

Edited by Driftit

59 minutes ago, Driftit said:

The one I saw sell for $12K (or whatever the deal ended up being) was advertised on a East Coast BMW facebook thing.

Most are driven pretty damn hard here.  Maybe why the good ones are going for so much.  Also collector hype of people hoping to get the next E30 M3.

The fake US E36 M3's are going up in price though.  No idea why.  They are sh*t compared to a real one.

Join EastCoast BMW Classifieds on facebook if you want to see some more realistic prices here.

im on a few up here in Ontario (im in Toronoto now), bmws seemed insanely cheap before i got here, but once here i realise they are all total rust buckets thats why!

by the way, if you find your self in NY or PA end of June/Early July prehaps catch up for a beer ?

23 hours ago, _ethrty-Andy_ said:

im on a few up here in Ontario (im in Toronoto now), bmws seemed insanely cheap before i got here, but once here i realise they are all total rust buckets thats why!

by the way, if you find your self in NY or PA end of June/Early July prehaps catch up for a beer ?

I am actually looking to head home late May at the moment.  If things change I will let you know as PA is only a few hours.  Head up there all the time for concerts.

I wouldn't buy a car further North than Baltimore to be honest.  The rust is insane.

it sold for $85K USD, so maybe prices are softening.  So $79KNZ for the recent one in CHCH with 30K miles, seems about right or a bit high.

crazy how prices are moving at the moment. E46 M3,'s are now more expensive than an E92 M3

1 hour ago, nzodea said:

crazy how prices are moving at the moment. E46 M3,'s are now more expensive than an E92 M3

The last 3 E46 m3s I know of sold for $17k, $20k and $22k. People are asking silly money for some e46 m3s but are they selling for that?

And with respect to all e92 M3 owners... the e46 is far more fun... it might even be "better"...

I expect the e9x prices to continue to drop where e46's will hold. I do think Gareth has a point too... are many people getting $35k+ for their 15 year old M3's?

It also makes a mockery of the e36 M3's advertised for $30k+ - our world is full of dreamers.

But anything desirable with not much more than delivery km's will go for huge sums - their target market is completely distinct from your normal buyer and those prices are not a good indicator of "normal" offerings.

Edited by M3AN
  • Like 1