Sign in to follow this  
Cammsport

What's it worth? E30 M52 Coupe

Another one of those annoying "what's it worth?" questions, so i will apologize in advance. In light of me realizing I need to buy my dream car sooner rather than later, I'm weighing up ways to fund it.

The car in question is a 1990 FL E30 316i manual coupe. The car has been M52 swapped. As the car isn't really run of the mill, I can't think of what it's worth. There have been a couple of 24 valve swapped E30s on TradeMe/Facebook but I haven't kept an eye on them to see if they sold or what they sold for.  The best way to find out I guess would be to $1Res it and let the market tell me but a) I'm no where near brave enough and b) If its not worth a lot I'd rather just keep it. I'll bullet point some details below to make it easier to read.

-Bronzit Beige, rust free fairly straight body. 200,100 kms. Original paint. NZ new, have the original purchase receipts and ownership manual from BMW and details of owners since.

-Certified M52B28 with 170,000 kms, no proof. Getrag 240. Tuned DME to remove EMS, rev hang etc.

-325i brakes fitted with slotted rotors. Braided brake lines. 51mm XYZ street coilovers. Reinforced shock mounts. Adjustable camber plates. Sway bars front and rear.

-15"x7" Euroweave wheels (no caps) mint condition, New tyres. 

-Comfort cloth interior. No rips, all good condition. Tan goodness for that '80s vibe. Tiny crack on dash.

-Z3 rack with Corsa steering shaft. E36 P/S gear used.

-Medium case 25% factory LSD (can't quite remember ratio).

-Smiley headlights. Battery to boot conversion using 6 cyl gear. SE side skirts and boot lip. Sport Steering wheel. IS front lip. Colour matched bumpers and rear valance. Electric fan fitted to remove viscous.

That's all the details I can think of for now. I'd appreciate any comments or messages. My guess would be (I hope) >$10k. 

20181213_161639.jpg

IMG_7970.JPG

IMG_7971.JPG

IMG_7963.JPG

IMG_7968.JPG

Edited by Cammsport
Add pics

Most similar cars are listing around the $18-20k mark. (And is around what I'm insuring my touring for) 

I'd wager they'd be selling around the $12-15k. 

What wheels are you certed for? 

• Like 1

I'd agree with above, if you want to sell it, somewhere around 10-12 is probably likely value. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, nick496 said:

Most similar cars are listing around the $18-20k mark. (And is around what I'm insuring my touring for) 

I'd wager they'd be selling around the $12-15k. 

What wheels are you certed for? 

Hasn't quite gone through cert yet Nick, but will have a cert if/when I sell. Will cert it on the 15x7s and probably a set of 16x8s as well to make life a bit easier. 

So $12k seems like a solid figure for the time being? Your touring would fetch more I'd say Nick. This has been handy for insurance purposes also. I will need to give Swann a call as I think it's only insured for $6k.

Wife's response.. "Like hell we're selling the E30" ?. Life's tough but something has got to go. E36 is good for putting k's on to and from work (700kms/month), parts are cheap and plentiful. E91 is handy for car seats/bunnings/pickapart hauls/camping/airport trips. I'm just not organised enough to look after 4x Wofs, regos, servicings etc if I were to buy another car. 

why cant you daily the E30 ?

if it cant be dailyied (unreliable) then i retract my $12k

i am now daily driving an E30 again and im loving it!! been 7 years since i last dailyed one.

Basically because I'm too precious with it. It sits in the garage undercover mostly. I also don't want to daily it to my work as I work at a powerstation that has a lot of iron fallout that overtime takes its toll. The e36 is the sacrificial beast in this case. From other people's point of view, it's just a 316i pov spec e30 so why would I garage it over the e91 etc? Because I'm super proud of it and want to keep it mint I guess. 

• Like 1