Sign in to follow this  
Mikan

FS: 2003 530i Touring Msport $7,500

This one

Handsome Sapphire Black wagon, Factory Msport on staggered style 66's. Falken Azenis FK453s all round, in good shape. Black leather sport interior. Bought it last November, done a bit over 15,000kms since.  It's up to 251,000, but the engine certainly shouldn't be an issue... Sunroof, wing mirrors and all manner of bushes and coolant components replaced by a fastidious previous owner. It was listed for 9k when it caught my eye, I'll put it up for 7.5k. Personalized Plates not included.

Work done during my ownership
All done by Jon at Auto38

• New OEM Sachs struts  - I bought new air springs too but they weren't installed because the ones in there (replacements themselves) looked fine.  Uninstalled air springs will come with the car.
  • Vanos rebuild
  • New tailgate gas struts
  • Engine replacement - sprightly young m54b30 from this unfortunate 330ci - I have done less than 1000kms since it was swapped in, so call it 25,000kms on the engine.  It's running very nicely indeed.

What's next?
The car is in great mechanical order.  It doesn't 'need' anything (as of time of writing!).  I like the "what would your next wee project be?" question looking at cars though, and for this one it would be:

• The Giubo is apparently looking a bit dry - just dry, no worse
  • Brake lines at the rear are starting to show their age.  Nothing unsafe, just visibly 16 years old
  • Gearbox - hasn't been serviced in my time, nothing in the folder that indicates a recent service.  

Irritants
The sports seats are tidy and work well  - except the 'raise' function, which has fallen victim to cable twist. The other functions all work fine. It's a 16 year old car.  It presents well, and is in good condition, but there are minor stone marks on the bonnet and brow of the roof, the original windscreen looks as you'd expect, the headlights could do with another polish up.  Three of the wheels have some degree of curbing/brake dust tattoo.

Driver's airbag replaced as part of the Takata recall.

Thanks for looking

CJ

Edited by Mikan
Epic price reduction
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

The black leather sports seats on this e39 is far superior than “normal” ones. I duno what the difference is but the leather quality and comfort was much better than my old nz new e39 sedan which had the “same” black leather sports seats. 

So many good things to say about this car.  

Glws

• Like 2

19 hours ago, qube said:

The black leather sports seats on this e39 is far superior than “normal” ones. I duno what the difference is but the leather quality and comfort was much better than my old nz new e39 sedan which had the “same” black leather sports seats. 

Curious - VIN decoder says original upholstery was STOFF HEADLINEANTHRAZIT (G3AT) - so wonder what the leather came out of? 

Very nice Touring! 

GLWS @Mikan

11 minutes ago, TermiPeteNZ said:

Curious - VIN decoder says original upholstery was STOFF HEADLINEANTHRAZIT (G3AT) - so wonder what the leather came out of? 

Very nice Touring! 

GLWS @Mikan

Huh. Never even considered the possibility they weren't original! There goes the Pebble Beach concours d'elegance 

• Haha 1

Any pics of the Interior?

Hows aircon and any interior rattles?

Not to hand. Started taking pics of the interior then couldn't get the baby seat out, lost my cool and ran out of time - I'll do better when the weather clears. Anything in particular you want a picture of? 

No interior rattles or squeaks to speak of - the seat belt receivers used to squeak when they were buckled and pulling against the leather bolster of the seat cushion, but I put some adhesive felt on the receivers and it's blissfully silent now. 

Air con is blissfully and reliably cold. One stripe of the rear window demister is dead, the rest is good. 

IMG_20190331_120537.jpg

• Like 1

Cheers, just back seat and boot. I feel you on the baby seats, fiddly damn things. 

Genuine E39 M5 titanline interior trim all round with black vinyl wrapped gear lever over standard wood trim.

Also has the ultimate nice fat 3 spoke m sport steering wheel - best version by far.

• Like 2

Hi Guys,

It's late & I'm old . . . 

But am I missing  . . . Price ?

Cheers

Grant

Would there be any more interest if it were, y'know, less money? I'd prefer to avoid trademe, but if no one has room for this on their berm then I'll get ready for the masses. 

• Like 2

Keen to keep them with the listing - They all go eventually! Happy to point you to where I got them from though if you're keen. 

Bump. Had the giubo done. Also a shock top mount replaced as it was causing a bit of creaking when the wheels turned without power. 

• Like 2