Sign in to follow this  
lord_jagganath

2002: Back to Basics

Just about to post this! Was a pretty reasonable buy now, given the live plates. 

2 minutes ago, Mikan said:

Just about to post this! Was a pretty reasonable buy now, given the live plates. 

What was the buy now? Bidding has already started

Imagine what it could look like with $10k on top of it to clean up!  That is some serious amount of water/condensation in the engine bay though.

a guy on the 2002 nz page had a look at it a few days ago and posted up some pictures. sills are completely gone. interior is covered in mould, meaning it's been full of moisture, he was unable to open the boot and judging by the rest of the rust I would say most likely rusty as well. the firewall is rusty as is the inner guards. 

it will need a full blast and assess what needs to be done. 

a few bits of rust is an understatement. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr Vapour said:

a guy on the 2002 nz page had a look at it a few days ago and posted up some pictures. sills are completely gone. interior is covered in mould, meaning it's been full of moisture, he was unable to open the boot and judging by the rest of the rust I would say most likely rusty as well. the firewall is rusty as is the inner guards. 

it will need a full blast and assess what needs to be done. 

a few bits of rust is an understatement. 

ten plus years on a wet driveway under a cover... and there must have been a reason it sat on the driveway in the first place. he's added some more pics, it's knackered.  still, some useful bits for a 2002 aficionado.

And I thought my M535i was bad!

• Like 1