Sign in to follow this  
matrox02

Weird noise at idle

Hey all, got done today replacing my broken radiator shroud coolant and also resealed my valve cover gasket, however now at idle ive got this weird sound that didnt exist before, if i bring the rpms up ever so slightly the noise goes away, so im not thinking its the lifters, and ive gone over the car with propane and not been able to find any vacuum leaks, and ive tested my pulleys and they feel and sound fine too, this noise is there hot or cold, im a bit stumped as i cant pin point the noise other than being around the middle of the top of the engine?
Ive also checked my DISA valve, its fine, I cant think of anything else i can check?
Video of the noise is here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GkdmZojhpI

and no, the  noise does change as its just idling, it sort of sounds like something coming through a pipe??

Car is a 2001 e39 525i

Just managed to pull my belt off again and started the car with and without it, it sounds like my water pump is stuffed, I can also rock the damn thing in place, so I'm looking for water pumps real quick haha

2 hours ago, NZ00Z3 said:

Loose spark plug???

Checked that today, there was a bit of oil down cyl 4 so i cleaned that up and retorqued the plug, no change, changed the water pump too, No change, with the belt removed no change, so im starting to lean toward a sticky lifter i think, most people on the internet recommend seafoam, but i dont think we have that here??