Sign in to follow this  
NZ_InFerno

2008 E87 130i

$6000

Due to a change in circumstances, loss of my mechanics help, lack of time and an unrequited love for my E81 130i(like an abusive stepfather lol) I'm selling my E87 4 door 130i. It owes me $6k so that's what I will put it up for. 

Showroom thread here

IMG_20190308_162518.thumb.jpg.fe4079ce4391d1e9245afa07fccbbf62.jpg

It's a 2008 M-Sport w/ 214k kms on it. Specced with beige Leather Interior and Aluminium trim. Also has 18" M-Sport Alloys, seat warmers, electric seats, Idrive and auto climate control plus the previous owner put in a Parrot Bluetooth handsfree and 35% tints.  Interior and Exterior are in excellent condition for their age. There is the odd scratch or mark on the exterior but after the detail it does present very well. 

Originally purchased as a parts car for my E81 130i it won me over by being too good to part out.  It was a real estate agents car that did plenty of long distance kms in the Wairarapa, and was a company car for 80k kms before that.

In my ownership I've done

- New K/N Air Filter
- New Cabin Air Filter
- Leather clean and repair to front seats. Steering wheel repair. 
- Professional Detail and Cut and Polish Exterior, including headlights and Wax seal coating on body work, degrease and clean of undercarriage
- New Vanos Solenoids

Car comes with a mostly complete service history from BMW Winger since it was imported from Japan, highlights include:

2018/2019 - 186-210k

- 4 New Tyres
- Oil Cooler Gaskets
- Rocker Cover Gasket
- Transmission service including Trans flush
- Front and rear Pads plus Sensors
- 2x Oil Service last at 210k
- Belt, Tensioner and Idler. Crank Pulley.
- AC Regassed, new valves. 

2017 -186k

- Starter Motor
- Inlet Manifold Gasket 

- Front Brake Hoses
- Brake Fluid
- Rear Brake Pads
- Rear Brake Sensor
- Wheel Repair
- LHF Door Actuator
- LH Door Lock

- Exhaust Bracket

- Washer Pump

- Cylinder #6 Ignition Coil
- Washer jets flushed

- LR Doorlock and Actuator

- Windscreen

- Front Brake Discs
- Front Brake Sensor
- Rear Brake Discs
- Rear Brake Sensor
- Eccentric Cam Seal

Issues:

I had the car pre-purchase inspected before I bought it and it showed the rear driveshaft guibo/coupling has a crack in it. I have the front and rear(accidentally ordered the front one lol) couplings and all the bolts etc needed to replace. Can sell to buyer at a discount, I can otherwise return them to fcpeuro. 

Just come up with a right front foglight error code, foglight works though :shrugs:

Car drives and runs fine, has newish tyres front and rear and is a real pleasure to drive. I intended to keep this but I keep falling in love with my 2 door 130i. 

Pm me or reply here, will entertain offers but feel its pretty fairly priced. Great runabout and fun drive. You can see the 2 door E81 while you're viewing too ;D

Edited by NZ_InFerno
  • Like 3

Bump, still for sale!

I have had the codes read and the Vanos was the culprit! Intake vanos to be precise. Check engine light has been cleared. I have the original solenoids so will clean them and return them to the car after checking all the connectors are up to scratch.  

Edited by NZ_InFerno

So after checking the car yesterday it turns out the the check engine light and intake vanos error codes were because I didn't connect the intake vanos connector properly when I put the new solenoids in and it was sitting loose ?‍♂️

Plugging it in and driving the car around for a couple of hours yesterday and it feels way better(surprise) and no codes. 

Slow market at the moment, I wouldnt drop your price TBH, starts to look "broken" to prospective buyers. Lots of cheap 130s at the moment, too cheap, I dont think anyones buying anything. 

I kinda want the interior :D... (but am hanging out to find the red leather from a tardme wrecker...) 

7 minutes ago, Jacko said:

Slow market at the moment, I wouldnt drop your price TBH, starts to look "broken" to prospective buyers. Lots of cheap 130s at the moment, too cheap, I dont think anyones buying anything. 

I kinda want the interior :D... (but am hanging out to find the red leather from a tardme wrecker...) 

Yeah definitely a slow market. Haven't dropped the price, still same as listed previously. I've just fixed the check engine light vanos issue and really don't need two cars lol

Will be on trademe in a day or two and I'm sure it will move on there. 

Edited by NZ_InFerno

Im glad mines insured for agreed value :D.. Quite odd as 130 pricing has been 10-15 for years, only last few months its plummeted... good time to get one. 

Everything's dropping - I've taken a bath on my e91 330i and my 325ti... reluctant to get another Beemer as it's just flushing dosh down the dunny - at least til I can get something less than five years old so I'll at least get some decent use out of it.

Most >10yr old euro stuff is dropping like crazy - not just ours; but jeez it's ugly out there!

• Like 1

I sold my beaten up 96 corolla wagon for nearly the same price (and a same time) as your 330 touring..... madness. 

• Like 1

My next car will likely be Japanese... suits my needs, and (lack of) usage. Getting another Bimmer for around $4-5k for a second car is just senseless now - even if it will put a grin on my face when I chuck it over the Rimutakas once a month.

I just gave up trying to sell the M328i. 10k wouldn't shift it, and I'm damn sure you can't buy the sum of its parts for less. 

It's a buyer's market for sure. I too can't believe how cheap 130i/135i/335i have gotten in the last year or so. Performance bargains. 

Well the 90's has pretty well had its turns so now its onto the new millenium stuff. I think the older or more used 2000's cars are in a limbo position atm as they most arent new enough to be worth anything but not old\rare enough to be sort after, add more controversial styling wise, big step up in complexity\luxury, old\high enough k's to need replacements many original parts and many examples on the market. You can understand why many people ive talked to just want to get rid of them once they have seen a few big bills. I always tell them newer vs older is a trade off.     

• Like 2

Wrecker could buy it and make at least double that in parts... 

Is car still available?