M3_Power

FS - Genuine BMW Siemens Group Tester One

A few years back I bought a bunch of genuine BMW GT1 units from a computer recycler overseas. All but one was working and the rest had smashed touch screens.

I managed to salvage all but one of them (broken mainboard) and replaced the units with brand new genuine lcd panels and genuine touch screen panels and repair the hard drives.

I further sourced genuine Sincon 28V power supplies for these. (Extremely hard to find)

I was going to repack the batteries but have never gotten around to it - so the batteries are dead. You therefore have to use the units with the docking station only.

The units originally came with genuine v57 DIS discs inside the cd drive and together with a set of genuine v44 coding discs I had I modified it to have both diagnostics v57 (up to around Feb 2008 cars) and v44 coding. (Discs not included with sale).

The units will also come with a genuine yellow diagnostic head but replica cables from ebay for that authentic experience (these can be used wirelessly unlike the clone heads)

Are these better than your laptop version vmware DIS? Yes and no, but you can’t beat the cool and nostalgic factor of having a genuine BMW diagnostic system. The asking price is therefore a reflection of these being a bit of a collectable so it is not for everyone - so leave comments about the price in your head thanks!

I have seen working units of these sell on ebay for over us$2000  but I am asking less of course. Genuine working diagnostic heads alone can go for $1000 or more.

So you will get:

1 x Group Tester One with new lcd and touch screen loaded with genuine v57 and with v44 coding capabilities( BMW, mini and RR)

1 x Docking Station

1 x Genuine Yellow diagnostic head

1 x Replica OBD2 and 20 pin round plug cable

$1200 firm

44E75CC5-DE3E-4544-B6D4-596734203E78.thumb.jpeg.646a1a971f1bb4b1192c0cd08261e6bd.jpeg1B8AD7D1-7DE7-4FDE-AC0D-129A2B518071.thumb.jpeg.5b1c2da44deceb471608914274f61a93.jpeg5F4956ED-9A05-492E-8DA1-AB862D9D4A20.thumb.jpeg.79a62ded1e4a484cf6585d9d60384a7d.jpeg

Keyboard NOT included0CEAAD2B-4761-4817-835F-5A15F3C44059.thumb.jpeg.b328fb32b3987b540834edd7b0e0a5b9.jpeg

5584D9E7-374B-451F-8423-16AD1EFA6636.png

• Like 8

Hello There Tom ! I am Teddy Grimstad Civil Engineer

Living In Finland. I have one GT1 with a Docking Station as well.

I have been trying to find a Service Manual for this Unit, even tried

Siemens in Germany and several in France but with no Luck.

It happens that the CMos clock went back to 0 by accident and

The Infrared Keyboard is not responding either. USB keyboard does not work,

neither usb mouse. The system is the old XP professional.

I have a USB floppy drive and all the 6 setup disk

that is needed for re instalation. but my question is :

Can I remove the HDD and then reset the CMOS Clock (Bios)

'cause when I start the gt1 it auto start the work program before I

get a chance to set the clock right. Any Idea what I can do here ??????

Cordially

Teddy Grimstad

+358 44 088 1952

SKYPE teddy.grimstad

Replace the cmos battery - requires you to open up the unit and separate the two boards to get to it. It’s a standard button lithium battery.

you can crack the GT1 bios password with an online program. when you enter the password it gives you an error and provides you with a 6 digit number it is a generic phoenix code I can provide you a link that allows you to enter that code and it will spit out a password. Once in just change the password to whatever or blank.

Change the date and time in there - much easier than via the Gt1 menu where you have to physically click it over one day at a time from 2002 - it will take hours!!

Infrared keyboard has to be synchronised to work it is the little black button on the top right of the keyboard - usb keyboard can be configured to work quite easily but bit hard to explain on here.

email me aviemore.tom@gmail.com

• Like 3

On 2/10/2020 at 10:23 AM, M3_Power said:

Replace the cmos battery - requires you to open up the unit and separate the two boards to get to it. It’s a standard button lithium battery.

you can crack the GT1 bios password with an online program. when you enter the password it gives you an error and provides you with a 6 digit number it is a generic phoenix code I can provide you a link that allows you to enter that code and it will spit out a password. Once in just change the password to whatever or blank.

Change the date and time in there - much easier than via the Gt1 menu where you have to physically click it over one day at a time from 2002 - it will take hours!!

Infrared keyboard has to be synchronised to work it is the little black button on the top right of the keyboard - usb keyboard can be configured to work quite easily but bit hard to explain on here.

email me aviemore.tom@gmail.com

Hello M3_POWER, my name is Robert and i have the same problem as Teddy Grimstad, can you help me crack the GT1 bios password, please.

I will contact you by email (geralbuytech@gmail.com)

Thank you very much.

I'm lusting over this so much. I love the nostalgia value and period-correctness. Very cool. GLWS!

I have a gt1 with a bad touch screen. you said said you had replaced the touch screens with new ones.
Could you possibly tell me where you were able to get the new touchscreen from?
Much Thanks!

On 4/17/2019 at 10:08 AM, M3_Power said:

A few years back I bought a bunch of genuine BMW GT1 units from a computer recycler overseas. All but one was working and the rest had smashed touch screens.

I managed to salvage all but one of them (broken mainboard) and replaced the units with brand new genuine lcd panels and genuine touch screen panels and repair the hard drives.

I further sourced genuine Sincon 28V power supplies for these. (Extremely hard to find)

I was going to repack the batteries but have never gotten around to it - so the batteries are dead. You therefore have to use the units with the docking station only.

The units originally came with genuine v57 DIS discs inside the cd drive and together with a set of genuine v44 coding discs I had I modified it to have both diagnostics v57 (up to around Feb 2008 cars) and v44 coding. (Discs not included with sale).

The units will also come with a genuine yellow diagnostic head but replica cables from ebay for that authentic experience (these can be used wirelessly unlike the clone heads)

hi

i am intersting in bmw gt1 tester with docking station

hi

my 2002 bmw e39 530 i sport

i got dis v57 ,dis v44 easy dis software

but wou;d like to get original bedeinteil siemens gt1 tester

Trying to get one of my loans back from BMW at the moment - maybe I need to start charging rental 😅😅😅 they’ve had it for over a year now, I wonder if they’ve lost it!

Hallo mein Name ist Walter

Ich brauche  einen defekten Bildschirm  weil ich Teile vom Innenleben benötige den Adapter vom  Flacbandkabel zum HDD

was würde das kosten

hello my name is Walter I need a defective screen because I need parts from the inner workings, the adapter from the flat ribbon cable to the HDD
Edited by waldi333@yahoo.de