Sign in to follow this  
Cammsport

Undercarriage Protectant

Giving the E30 a good huck out. Have removed all the guard liners, fuel overflow tank etc to give it the first good clean in 28 years. I was wondering if anyone knows of any products that would be good to spray on the existing rubber/paint undercoating to add to the rust prevention component of the oem finish once I have given everything a good scrub. I see Chemical Guys has a "Bare Bones" (https://www.unitedcarcare.co.nz/products/chemical-barebones-undercarriage-spray) spray but i feel as though its probably some form of silicone spray that'll only last a month. Not too keen on actually painting on sound deadener etc. If someone has used Bare Bones before, can they say how long it lasted?

183049603_rearquarterdirt.thumb.jpg.c9932980b6df8da9a86ac26d91e7cbc8.jpg

Thanks!

P.S No rust has been found below the grime (yet)!!!

Mercury Outboard Quicksilver Corrosion Guard.... best on the market in spray cans

• Like 1

+1 ☝️, friends use it in Canada on there trucks/4x4 etc

Edited by KillerX

Thanks Glenn. Is that something you've used to coat all the underbody? Does it last awhile? 

Yes I’ve used this a lot on vehicles, outboards, boats, motorbikes, my Motor home and some customers English imported vehicles. It’s a semi clear coating with a slight yellow colour a bit like the coating on early E30,s and E36’s alloy engine parts. It’s brilliant. About $35 a can. The surfaces need to relatively clean. If you want to have a look or try PM me

Edited by *Glenn*

Some cleaning update pics while I try track down some products. 

received_463715341034181.thumb.jpeg.131fa1c425c7ea9547404cc66ae5ead5.jpegreceived_304551043803645.thumb.jpeg.47d2a38779fae9a8b9de8d46317e52d9.jpeg

• Like 4