Sign in to follow this  
Mikan

1984 BMW 320i (m20b25) $7,000

Balticblau metallic - one of those great early e30 colours that offers a lot - grey or blue depending on what the weather is doing. Blue check cloth interior, sport seats. Manual windows and sunroof. Uncracked dash. Cool individual headlamp guards - I have never seen another set of these.

Owned this e30 for a couple of years now and have given it quite a bit of attention.

During my time:
Rear y-arms and disc brakes from 325i, 51mm front struts, 325i sway bars, all rebushed as necessary. Control arms, CA bushes, tie rods and rack ends. Bilstein B4 shocks all round. All bushes are rubber, standard wherever possible. Was trying to recreate how the ride would have been when new.

Getrag 240, 3.46 medium case differential. The engine is a prefacelift m20b25 which Jon Begley at Auto 38 fitted (he did everything, in fact). Running L-Jet. Jon knew the donor car well and had performed significant work on the head not long before it went into mine. He was good enough to provide me a copy of the worksheet/invoice for the donor car from when this took place.

Drifeshaft loops (x2) installed and everything has been certed to LVV's standards under the watchful eye of Mike McCready from Motorsport NZ.

Focal speakers front and back. Currently has a clarion head unit that (I think) is sympatico with the car but have a bmw blaupunkt C Reverse I'm happy to swap it for.

Radiator and fan clutch replaced. I have replaced the resonator and rear muffler in the past couple of months. Fuses, relay and switch have been installed for fog lights, blanks are still in there for now.

When Jon had the carpets up to install the driveshaft loops he commented that it was one of the cleanest e30 floors he'd seen. No serious rust (drivers door possibly has something minor going on under the paint - not able to capture it in a photo), the battery tray had a bit of acid burn/rust but that was cut out and repainted. The paint has some minor supermarket dings/dents, some one has scraped a bit of the a-pillar at some point and there is a ding/crease on the edge of the drivers door (as though it has been opened onto something). I would probably look at getting a new door - Jon mentioned he had one around in the right colour. Also the corner of the front bumper has some pitting. I have a replacement chrome corner, but haven't gotten round to replacing it - I just polish it down with autosol every few weeks?.

Bottle caps are ok, Michelin energy tyres (2017), great tread. Towbar installed but wiring is not connected. New battery last week. Will be sold with a standard steering wheel, apologies for it not appearing in photos. 

Edited by Mikan
Remembered it has a new battery.

1763525719_DSCN0391(2).JPG.a9f8adbc4e901d4e91568f51ddd12a78.JPG

DSCN0397.JPG

DSCN0392.JPG

DSCN0394 (2).JPG

DSCN0396 (2).JPG

DSCN0400.JPG

DSCN0398 (2).JPG

DSCN0399 (3).JPG

Edited by Mikan
Learned how to resize pics
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Bump. If anyone wants to weigh in on price I'd be happy for the feedback. 

Nice car, good luck with sale

• Like 1

She's a beauty!  Anyone contemplating a tidy e30 for $5k would be mad not to consider this at $7k given the work that's been done that is absent with those around $5k!

• Like 1