Sign in to follow this  
lbo99

Any Z3 owners here?

Feel free to drop a pic of your car and describe it, thinking of getting a Z3 but just waiting for the right one....

57 minutes ago, M3AN said:

S5x...

S50 or S54??

I have 2 Z3's.  A 2.0L daily drive and a 3.0L garage queen.

The 2.8 and 3.0 L cars have the best performance for your money and they are not too expensive being ~ $8k for a 3.0 and ~$6k for a 2.8.

If your are after a Z3M roadster, there are only 19 listed in the NZTA database, so they are a rare car and don't come onto the market very often.

I keep away from the 1.9L Z3's.  Low Performance and very old cooling systems being my reasons.

Good luck with your search.

Edited by NZ00Z3
  • Like 1

Tried a Z4? Little bit more modern with some newer safety features - DSC and multiple airbags. 3.0si is a lot of fun. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NZ00Z3 said:

I have 2 Z3's.  A 2.0L daily drive and a 3.0L garage queen.

The 2.8 and 3.0 L cars have the best performance for your money and they are not too expensive being ~ $8k for a 3.0 and ~$6k for a 2.8.

If your are after a Z3M roadster, there are only 19 listed in the NZTA database, so they are a rare car and don't come onto the market very often.

I keep away from the 1.9L Z3's.  Low Performance and very old cooling systems being my reasons.

Good luck with your search.

Saw photos of your cars somewhere on Facebook before, very clean and interesting colours! I’m currently thinking of getting a facelift 3.0 or at least a 6 cylinder model to replace my daily....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, str8_6 said:

Tried a Z4? Little bit more modern with some newer safety features - DSC and multiple airbags. 3.0si is a lot of fun. 

Thanks for your suggestion but I prefer the looks of the Z3?

2 hours ago, NZ00Z3 said:

Keep away from the 1.9L Z3's.  Very old cooling systems being my reasons.

Can't see how that any different from the 6 cyl tbh, they are old at this point and the engines history has far more influence than age alone. Best to worse cooling system wise imo would be M52B28 > M44 > M43 > M52TU\M54 

4 hours ago, NZ00Z3 said:

Sounds like you are looking at the info on the NZTA database, that only shows the cars where the owners have allowed their information to be published to the public.

There are a more than that currently registered / on hold in NZ. Not a huge number more, but more than 19 roadsters, plus a handful of the coupes.

Interestingly there are even a couple of "Z3" that have a cc rating of >5,000cc according to NZTA. LS2 swap?

53 minutes ago, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

There are a more than that currently registered / on hold in NZ. Not a huge number more, but more than 19 roadsters, plus a handful of the coupes.

Yes it all depends on how you slice the data and which attribute you look at.  Had another look and found 3 more Z3M's in the data making it 22.  There are probably more in there depending on where and how you look.

Made up of:

- 19 S50 Z3M's

- 1 left hand drive S50 Z3M

- 2 S54 Z3M's

Edited by NZ00Z3