Sign in to follow this  
Kodachrome

Shipping one tyre from Christchurch to Wellington.. accidentally sent it there as I'm a moron!?

So sold my 550i today, gave the new buyer the spare wheel and spare tyre it came with (Altenso 275-30-19) and he drove back to ChCh. Except I didnt, it was dark out and I accidentally gave him one of the two Falken 452's I had (and I'm selling), in 285-30-19 size. Now we both have odd tyres. 

I dont think he wants the Altenso (I certainly dont) but whats the cheapest way of getting the Christchurch tyre back to me? 

Use trademe book a courier, put a random dimension and weight - 10x10x10 & 5kg and select fastway and print own label

They will collect and drop it off to you and it should be $20 or thereabouts.

This message will self explode in 5..4..3..2..

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, qube said:

Use trademe book a courier, put a random dimension and weight - 10x10x10 & 5kg and select fastway and print own label

They will collect and drop it off to you and it should be $20 or thereabouts.

This message will self explode in 5..4..3..2..

Can you do this?  I had no idea!  I need to get some ARB's down from Auckland to Welly.  They need to be packaged I guess?

just get it packed well enough for the courier driver to pick it up and its all good. 

You do have to make a fake listing though, as the seller, and get it shipped back to yourself though right?

nope. click this and follow the instructions.

pretty easy

image.png.6f555a6b315e3b52ebbba362c45c6770.png

• Like 1

here is an example, i just put a the fastway depot chch and wgtn addresses with 10x10x10 and 5kg and here is the result page. just select the cheap one and you're away laughing

image.thumb.png.1a0e8e134c481a1353b538d4ad632586.png

• Like 1

Oh nice, whan I used this last they hadnt got that function yet! So much neater!

Just take note of the fine print, when the courier realises its bigger or heavier than you paid for they charge the extra to your trade me account.

I put in the correct sizes (well, 60cm across vs 66cm across as 60 seemed to be the max) and weight, cost was $38 which was still fine. Will see what happens when they go to collect.

12 hours ago, aja540i said:

Just take note of the fine print, when the courier realises its bigger or heavier than you paid for they charge the extra to your trade me account.

thats the point, they dont realise because fastway does not cross check. 

I use TM "Book a courier" heaps, both to send or arrange a pick up to be sent to me, trim a few cms and kgs here and there and only once was asked to buy an additional ticket but that package was dropped off directly at Fastway's depot. Not as ballsy as the above suggestions though...