Sign in to follow this  
Autoglym

E39 M5 Imola Red

Sounds like E60 M5 ownership is cheaper hah!

47 minutes ago, GorGasm said:

Sounds like E60 M5 ownership is cheaper hah!

Only when nothing is broken ?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, NUSTAD said:

One ended up in a ditch courtesy of a naughty son borrowing it from dads garage......HellBM was the recipient.  Another regularly goes down Quay St in Aucklamd City as a daily driver with the plate AWSUM5.

The pre-facelift spec has grown on me - if the front lights are in new condition they look great.

I think the running costs are pretty reasonable if it’s a Sunday car.   Daily it and the costs are more crippling.  

I think an M5 is a lot of car for the money.   You could spend $30k on a HQ Holden and just accept that is the price!

And all that’s left of the red M5 we had E0982D5C-A3B8-45FB-8913-98291F3E18F0.thumb.jpeg.42c495d875a062bf9ca3f5279773b333.jpeglives in 6FTNDR 

M5 Dif, mirrors, wheels and interior

133D43CE-866D-4D3C-8D74-9BD7AFE6FF3D.thumb.jpeg.681862b8be02883a495dc40c6df6125c.jpeg

• Like 4

Wow very cool. So how bad was the damage when the car was in the accident?

A pre-face lift then? The titanium  trim with the Imola / black leather looks grouse 

Edited by ssbmw
Spelling

meanwhile im just having a chuckle at the mismatched drivers door handle hahaha

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ssbmw said:

Wow very cool. So how bad was the damage when the car was in the accident?

A pre-face lift then? The titanium  trim with the Imola / black leather looks grouse 

Car was a rollover a few years ago  Drivetrain was retrofitted into a customers E46 M3  

2 hours ago, qube said:

meanwhile im just having a chuckle at the mismatched drivers door handle hahaha

Haha  This is one of our tow wagons/hearse that was getting neglected. Recent low k motor replacement has given it a new lease on life. Will put a black door handle on tomorrow (just for you)

Well, seeing as I'm bored and feeling like an a**hole today.

Website looks a bit pokey, littered with stock images, rather than images of their vehicle stock.

https://simmers.co.nz/

They are RMVT according to the MVTR.  I don't feel like I've breached privacy by showing the below details, it's publicly searchable.

http://www.motortraders.govt.nz/cms/banner_template/MVTRSCHREG

simmers.JPG.6596182334e0cfdc4ee6d96ee1237fb4.JPG

But no business is registered to a William Wishart Simmers,  or registered as, or trading as "Simmers & Daughter Motor Company.

Their RMVT Listing coincides with their Trademe Account creation date, which has no history.

You'd think someone with 20 years in the industry would have a web presence, but the only William Simmers with an Automotive connection works at Armstrong Motor group, and has been involved in the Motor Vehicle Trade since 2005, not quite 2 decades, 14 years to his credit, so I guess he's in his second decade...

Some of this seems weird to me, moot point I guess as I have no intention of buying it.

A friend of mine has bought this Imola Red E39 M5 and it will be moving up to Auckland.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, philwalter said:

A friend of mine has bought this Imola Red E39 M5 and it will be moving up to Auckland.

There is an active E39 M5 community on a closed Facebook group if your friend would like to join.   We are overdue for a catch-up and a beer.......would be a good excuse to greet a new Imola member!  PM me for details

Edited by NUSTAD
Spelling
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, NUSTAD said:

There is an active E39 M5 community on a closed Facebook group if your friend would like to join.   We are overdue for a catch-up and a beer.......would be a good excuse to greet a new Imola member!  PM me for details

Do as he says :)

Almost 12 months to sell, a great investment car............

1 hour ago, Willy Sea said:

Almost 12 months to sell, a great investment car............

Not sure many people buy them as an investment.   Most people have an interest in them and if it holds value then bonus.   If it goes up in value double bonus......

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Imola red E39 M5’s are so desirable on a global level. Such a striking looking colour in the flesh.

On a personal level, I think the 2 tone optional leather scheme that BMW presented in either Imola red / black, Silverstone /black, and LMB / black can look tired and dated 20 years years later (if neglected). Believe it or not,  caramel heritage leather with wood trim is the sought after interior spec in the USA - with any of the desirable exterior hues. 

Yes bought by a friend of mine who drove it from Wellington up to Auckland and called in on the way through. Nice car and I was able to take it for  a short drive ? 

16 hours ago, philwalter said:

Yes bought by a friend of mine who drove it from Wellington up to Auckland and called in on the way through. Nice car and I was able to take it for  a short drive ? 

I hope he is going to change the horrible noisy semi race tyres, at speed, sounded like the diff was knackered

Nice car, I hope he enjoys it