Sign in to follow this  
Michael.

Falken FK452 Opinions

Hi guys,

Has anyone used Falken FK452 tyres before? Curious to hear experiences if you have. 

Cheers in advance. 

I have 453s (which apparently replaced the 452) on the e39. They've been great performance wise, durability has been OK. I'd say wear is increasing now that I'm into the second half of them but I've had nearly 20000km of no problems out of them so it's all gravy from here.

One little grizzle - they started flat spotting overnight if parked warm and left to settle on a hard surface in the cold. Only lasts a couple of kms once they get rolling but really had me going with the thumping. 

Same I been running fk 453 as an apparent replacement to the FK452 which I have informed is being run out. No issues with seem to be a pretty good all round tyre, was also informed by a few tyre independant tyre dealers that for my not so common size 235/40/17 they are good option. 

Would say I have only got around 12000 - 15000km out of my rears

These are the tyres people used to use for stretch/stance on big wide wheels as the sidewall has a lot of give.

I find them to be a soft tyre and wear rating is probably not the highest. 

Im suprised you found them for sale? is it new? There are plenty of good decent options these days (newer models) compared to this which is a relatively old model of tyre

FK510 is the one to get, its new and well reviewed.  452/453 are quite old and have always rated average.  Cheap though.

Thanks for feedback. 

Yeah they are definitely older model tyres... just struggling to find new ones in the 235/45R17 and 265/40R17 sizes I require. But some suppliers have them in FK452

Shall keep investigating but a lot of other brands dont offer the sizes I need. Not confirmed if I can get them in the  FK453 yet

Edited by Michael.

Wider 17's have been a pita to find for awhile now and the reason i don't run staggered setup (least in NZ) . Square or 18\19's these days.