Sign in to follow this  
ssbmw

Another Uber Rare 80’s classic

Nope but there's blue one in Hamilton ive seen now and again over many years.

47 minutes ago, ssbmw said:

Apart from the wheels, notice anything that is distinctly non- original? 

Headunit

48 minutes ago, ssbmw said:

Apart from the wheels, notice anything that is distinctly non- original? 

Headunit, M badge on rear, and whatever is tacked on the side of the center console.

I also wonder, did these come with dogleg boxes?

Edited by KwS

Not quite what i was getting at but well done. What stopped me from doing a deal on the car 10 years ago was the colour. The owner at the time was a retired prestige paint shop owner who bought the car from an insurance company sale as it was stolen- circa early 1990’s. He hated the original (cosmos blue- which is a light blue/ silver colour). So he painted it Traum Schwarz- which is a dark green/black. Which is a very rare colour- that saw itself on Z1’s.   It was a nice car otherwise- but the non original colour bothered me. Cosmos blue was pretty cool in my  opinion. 

Yes, looks like head unit was replaced too- very rarely do you see them original any more!!!!

Edited by ssbmw
Extra info

The plain m badge was standard on the m635csi. Despite it being a fully fettled M car, the m influences were subtle- m on the rear and front grill, m steering wheel, and M under the tachometer. Even the gear shift by factory had no tri colour branding- unlike the E28 M5 that had more distinctive m branding 

When they reassembled it after painting (presumably) they installed the side indicators on the wrong sides of the car...

Common mistake on e36's as well (indeed they're the same design).

3 hours ago, M3AN said:

When they reassembled it after painting (presumably) they installed the side indicators on the wrong sides of the car...

Common mistake on e36's as well (indeed they're the same design).

haha good spotting.

The rear M badge looks tacked on to me. Maybe it was refitted badly after the paint. Looks too high.

To be fair, not sure the 18” wheels look right. A nice set of staggered 17” style 5’s would add to the look!

26E11B04-061F-4AA0-82A1-6322CF306A81.jpeg

• Like 5