Sign in to follow this  
slasH

ideal alarm / tints

Hi, i own a bmw e36 316.

I am looking for a alarm with all the main features

Plus

Remote paging system (monitoring) so i know if the alarm is gone off or not at al times when the car is not in sight

but no idea which brand/model/price etc.

Also i want to keep the current locking system (no idea what its called). When i lock from outside , even if a person is inside they canot unlock it as the lock stays locked down.

any help would be great :) Thanks

also a good place for installing tints? (auckland) and price range pls.

Thanks

-

looking for an alarm myself,heaps on trademe but which one ? was talking to insurance company and if i get one with duel imobiliser function they will give a discount on premium

Welcome both of you new people~~

Please try a search first next time, it's a common topic that pops up every month (if not more often)

But, have a look at these threads first...

http://www.bimmersport.co.nz/forums/index....c=3992&hl=alarm

http://www.bimmersport.co.nz/forums/index....c=2616&hl=alarm

the deadlocking feature i believe is not something you can get around if you want to use it with your keyless entry. You'll have to unlock it with the key each time.

dynatron.

no locks.

any1 know a certain model with the paging (monitoring) feature, can i keep the deadlocking system as well with this certain alarm system?

i wouldnt mind unlocking the doors with the key all the time, just like this feature because if the glass was broken there would still be trouble getting into the car to shut alarm off etc ..

does the bmw company produce a alarming system?? :lol:

Edited by slasH

Guest Andrew

welcome people -

slash - would of thought your car would of come with the alarm system (from BMW). It immobilises the car and locks the deadlocks.

glass break sensors are affected by tinted window film as you can smash a window with much less noise.

Some companies offer to pay your excess if your car gets stolen with there alarm in it (i think autowatch) but if you have tints I believe that offer is voided.

With dynatron any model can have the paging function added - it is an optional extra - get the alarm with the basic features you want and add the paging feature - they have a website - go look for yourself.

nope it stays locked if it was locked from outside, (key)

but opens up when locked from inside (pushing the lock down)

i guess dynatron is the way to go. Thanks.

btw, by paging i meant monitoring , like if the alarm goes off my alarm remote will beep or somthing like that

I run a alarm system with SMS paging, I can control the car from my phone. Bloody handy. If its stolen I can shut the engine off remotely via text message (if they ever managed to get it started ;) )

Edited by hybrid