Sign in to follow this  
Blackie

E36 X20 plug

Hi all,

I'm currently swapping an M52B28 engine from an automatic 328i into my factory manual 316(t)I compact. I did a stella job of labelling everything with a number and then assigning that number to a detailed description of where it went and what it did in a spread sheet. Unfortunately I then went a wiped the laptop it was saved on before giving it to my wife to use for her business!

So, I am at a loss as to which plug is for the engine and which is for the transmission. I plugged up the black one to the chassis and it fitted, but I saw a youtube video where someone plugged the one with the white ring.

Do they both fit?

How do I identify which is which?

(not my picture btw). Cheers

cdf98b46effc9bf2e81bc5695e7b35ee.jpg

I don't know sorry but I do have an auto M52B28 and don't mind looking under the hood if that would help you at all?

If you can find any identifying markings on the one that connects down low that would be appreciated. Pretty sure the one near the fuse box was for the trans, but my memory ain't great!

19 hours ago, Blackie said:

If you can find any identifying markings on the one that connects down low that would be appreciated. Pretty sure the one near the fuse box was for the trans, but my memory ain't great!

Down low? Not sure... the one with the white inner circle is the rearmost one... does that help?

14 hours ago, M3AN said:

Down low? Not sure... the one with the white inner circle is the rearmost one... does that help?

Yes I think so. Thanks