Sign in to follow this  
318Touring

Buying motorsport helmet. Which one?

I need to get a motorsport helmet for the upcoming driver's training day.  I really haven't got a clue of what to get, taking into account this is my first time and I might not like that type of activity!  Which means buying a $700 helmet isn't good investment until I know that I'll be doing more track days.  

So I'd like to get some feedback on which starter basic helmet I can get that will still meet the requirements as per the link below but not requiring a lot of investment.  

http://manual.motorsport.org.nz/index.php/knowledgebase/36-2-01a-schedule-a-1/#a1-4

I'm planning to drop by at Road & Track at Lower Hutt on Saturday to take a look around.

I used my mate's spare motorbike helmet years ago. Does the driver training co not supply helmets?

1 hour ago, M3AN said:

I used my mate's spare motorbike helmet years ago. Does the driver training co not supply helmets?

It's organised by the Porsche Club and it seems that Manfeild doesn't have helmets to hire.

Check the standards of which are required by the track you are going to.

Some don't allow motorbike helmets anymore.

22 hours ago, Driftit said:

Check the standards of which are required by the track you are going to.

Some don't allow motorbike helmets anymore.

Others indicated they have motorcycle helmets, but according to the internet (I know!), motorcycle helmets are designed to withstand different events to car e.g. tarmac is different to rollcage etc.