Sign in to follow this  
jon dee

Got a Fraulein in the garage :)

Getting old and tired of trying to squeeze more killerwasps out of an old Corolla, so decided to start over with a later model car. Had to be RWD, have two doors and a bit of grunt, so I settled on a 2008 335I Coupe. Car is bone stock with 85.000km and really tidy. Liking it so far and enjoying the amount of go faster or go much faster bits that are available for this platform. Here are some pictures from the day I picked it up in Napier...

1363979825_335i001.JPG.1188eccb95998de1cba3e9ce77622d75.JPG

1925806341_335i002.JPG.62e5fd44ddfe95652430a7376ea20f49.JPG

378980885_335i003.JPG.56f0010c3afd874eff0a1e4064e6e7e2.JPG

I'm a mamber of the Hutt Valley Motorsport Club and hope to run the BM in a few car club events. It is my first ever Euro car so a big learning curve ahead. First thing I have to do is round up a spare wheel as I don't like being without a spare and tools when I am out and about. Always better to have one and not need it :) So if anyone has an 18" spacesaver or a lonely 18 x 8 style 189 wheel taking up space in their garage, hit me up.

Cheers... John D

Edited by jon dee
Typo...
  • Like 4

Nice car! Beautiful colour and my favourite wheels for the E92 ?. Enjoy it! 

Edited by BozzaFC

Hey Jon, welcome!  Plenty happening in Wellington, and you'll be wecomed along to any events.  

Next BMW CC NZ Wellington Chapter pub night is Thurs 6 June 6.30pm at 1812 Bar in Johnsonville, Bimmersporters welcome.  In addition to plentiful parking and renowned great ribs, enjoy the camerarderie and banter of the Welly crew.  Family-friendly!

15/16 June we have a tour of some of the backroads of Wairarapa, to and overnight stay in Castlepoint.

I follow HVMC on the book of faces, great buzz ya'll have going on.

Thanks Bozza... I'm happy with the colour. Only rough spot is that one of the front wheels has some kerbing ? So I am on the outlook for one clean wheel, then I can use the kerbed one for the spare. Going to try a few wreckers and figure the chances of finding one.

Edited by jon dee
Clarity...

Alternatively, you could try the Wheel Magician? Probably easier than finding another nice wheel

Hey Olaf... first Thursday of the month... same clubnight as the HVMC :) 

I'm more of a daylight saving motorsport enthusiast and tend to hibernate at this time of the year. So it will most likely be a few months before I get to meet you all. At this stage I am aiming at making the Shelly Bay Sprint (6 Oct) my next event, and if all is well, giving the BM its first outing. Truth is I'm a social competitor, there for a day out and to have some fun. And of course I enjoy catching up and talking shizz about cars :)

6 minutes ago, BozzaFC said:

Alternatively, you could try the Wheel Magician? Probably easier than finding another nice wheel

Yusss... that's the plan if I have struck out after checking the wreckers and that guy who does the single wheels on TM.