Sign in to follow this  
lbo99

E46 Fire Extinguisher Mount

Hi for the trackday goers out there, I’m just wondering what kind of fire extinguisher mount you guys use in your E46. Diy, if so could you kindly tell me how? Oem or some other aftermarket alternatives. Cheers

Hi - I bought one for my e46 M3 from KAP Industries in Australia:

https://kap.industries/product/bmw-e46/ 

Took about 10 days to arrive - fitted perfectly, and is nice and sturdy.

Much better than the temporary one that I "fabricated" out of a $5 piece of aluminium bar from Mitre 10!

Cheers

Paul

• Like 1

OEM mount - 82279413886

OEM extinguisher - 72600000335

But I think the mount locks you into the OEM extinguisher and, unlike the E36 version, I don't think the E46 mount comes with a strap which I think (?) is required for motorsport use. Installation on the passenger seat mount nuts is convenient but pretty useless if you can't reach it with a harness done up. Aftermarket bolted to the far side transmission tunnel is probably ideal.

• Thanks 1

I'm running a VAC. I have an OEM e46 mount I'm happy to sell.

• Like 1

On 6/19/2019 at 7:16 PM, CSET said:

I'm running a VAC. I have an OEM e46 mount I'm happy to sell.

I'm actually thinking of running a VAC one as well. According to M3AN the E46 OEM mount doesn't have strap that's required for motorsport use? By any chance do you have any photos of the OEM mount? (on and off the passenger seats) Cheers :)

On 6/4/2019 at 7:59 PM, paulo said:

Hi - I bought one for my e46 M3 from KAP Industries in Australia:

https://kap.industries/product/bmw-e46/ 

Took about 10 days to arrive - fitted perfectly, and is nice and sturdy.

Much better than the temporary one that I "fabricated" out of a $5 piece of aluminium bar from Mitre 10!

Cheers

Paul

Update

I ended up picking up the KAP Industries one instead of the VAC due to shipping problems. Glad that I picked up the KAP Industries one and is very happy with it.

Cheers Paul :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/1/2019 at 6:29 PM, lbo99 said:

I'm actually thinking of running a VAC one as well. According to M3AN the E46 OEM mount doesn't have strap that's required for motorsport use? By any chance do you have any photos of the OEM mount? (on and off the passenger seats) Cheers :)

Sorry I missed this one. None fitted sorry, I never actually installed them as I changed seats after buying the parts from BMW. In fact I've never taken it out of the box hahah 

• Like 1