Sign in to follow this  
Davindawn

New Member. 2007 335i M Sport E92

Only just come across this site tonight and glad to finally find a group of kiwi BMW owners.

Had my 335i for about 2 weeks now. My first BMW. Some of you may have already seen my post on r/e90 if you are reddit users. 

Managed to get her with a little over 53,000 km. M Sport with iDrive, sunroof, comfort access, black leather interior with aluminium trim (I think? The light silver trim, not too different from my exterior colour). I want to eventually do the NBT EVO retrofit as the CCC iDrive the car came with is pretty basic and a bit cumbersome to use. Plus the UI looks very dated now.

Also want to retrofit some LCI LED tail lights, LED angel eyes/headlights, the homelink/compass/auto-dimming mirror and maaaybe the DCT electronic shifter mod from motive mods, although I'm on the fence about that one as I've heard you have to cut the shifter stalk to fit it and I'm not sure I really want to do that.

Was also originally considering fitting the LCI Up/Down paddle shifters to replace the old push/pull silver ones. But I just converted my silver push/pull paddles to left side downshift pull, right side upshift pull + downshift push the other day, and they work just how I want them to now! Plus the look of them has grown on me and I think they may actually suit the car better than the newer black ones.

My K+DCAN cable should get here within the next week or so. Planning to do the xHP transmission flash. That's about it for now though. Performance mods will come in time. But for now I'm just enjoying her as she is :) (LOL, give it a few months and I'll probably be eating my words with downpipes, fmic and JB4 on order xD )

Look forward to seeing some of you guys around and perhaps meeting up for some cruising. Stay safe out there!

Image04.jpg

Image03.jpg

Image02.jpg

Image01.jpg

Edited by Davindawn
  • Like 5

Let's face it...you'll be FBO within another 2-weeks :Hehehe-min:. Looking forward to seeing the progress. Currently on the same path.

Thanks guys! :D Haha yeah probably aye Tij. I'm trying to resist the urge to start buying parts already :P I think I'm gonna try save up and slowly buy all the parts I want, but just keep them in the garage. Then spend a couple of weekends and install everything in one go, rather than trying to work around the cramped space several times getting inlets and downpipes etc. to fit.

Nice car. I think you should save your money with the JB4 and just use MHD.

nice wheels, James!  like the rims too.  Welcome to Bimmersport.  John @Herbmiester has all the learnings up his sleeve wrt the e9x 335i, you've got a wealth of experience around here.

• Thanks 1

@Olaf Thanks a lot man. Yeah I quite like them too. Looking to get a set of Anthracite Apex Arc 8's when it comes time to replace these run flats. Or I may even wait till the NEXT next round of tyres before I get the Arcs, as Michelin PS4's are a bit pricey on their own. Will all depend on how my bank account looks on the day ? But yeah with the msport rims looking as good as they do, I don't mind if they're on there a while.

@Herbmiester Thanks for the heads up. I see quite a few lately are ditching their jb4 and just going mdh instead. What's the biggest reasons for this? My biggest concern was that I'm not too experienced with ecu flashing, especially on a bmw. Was worried I would screw something up and brick my cars ecu. Figured at least with the jb4 it looks pretty dummy proof since it's just a piggyback and I did also like some of the other features you get through the cluster controls and the quick map switching etc. But I do see some saying now that mhd is a lot smoother and runs better for them? Would jb4 with mhd backend flash give you the benefits and smoothness of mhd and still get the ease of use with the jb4 dash? Would you still be able to switch maps with the backend flash or once its flashed it's set for good until you reflash? What makes you prefer mhd over jb4?

MHD is easier than JB4, as there's no hardware to install. Honestly it's pretty hard to screw up, just as long as you choose a suitable map for your car's fuel and upgrades. It makes the ECU flashing process dead simple. Plug in your phone, choose a map, install - let it do it's thing for a couple minutes, and then when it's done you're good to go. 

I'd say it's safer, as it works by modifying the ECU software so the ECU is still in control.Rather than a piggyback that works by trying to fool the ECU by feeding it altered readings from sensors.

I have had my car running MHD tunes for years. 

• Like 2

MHD is easy to use follow the instructions and use an appropriate battery charger and you are all set. JB4 is just not necessary, its a lot of money spent for what a flash tune will achieve. MHD are well advanced in thier map design so you get proven safe maps plus you get other nice features like data logging, throttle maps and torque by gear. Map swapping is something people say the want but rarely ever use. That said once you have MHD installed map changes are pretty quick. However before you tune do the following.  New plugs, new intercooler, walnut clean if kms are pasy 70k and for peace of mind a new charge pipe. 

• Like 1