Sign in to follow this  
mossline

ZF 5HP24 rebuild - Wellington

Hi guys, anyone have any recommendations for places that will rebuild or replace a ZF 5HP24 gearbox in the Wellington area?

Have a chat or go see Zane at Automatic Transmission Repairs, Plimmerton. He really knows his stuff and takes the time to have a proper chat regarding your issues/requirements. 

He is very familiar with the ZF gearboxes. 

Local garages I deal/dealt with all recommend Zane for all gearbox work.

I have had a couple of GM gearboxes rebuilt by him to a very high standard and he doesn't cut corners. A local member had their X5 trans rebuilt by Zane recently as well.

Hope this helps.

Motorworx Adelaide road 04 385 0060 ask for Noel

To follow up... After chatting to a couple of members, It seemed like the only logical place and person to go see was Zane at Automatic Transmission Repairs in Plimmerton. He's a certified ZF whizz and covered to do MBI work also. Pretty much everything was replaced bar the drums. This included a split valve block, all bearings, clutch packs, pistons, pressure regulator valves etc etc, The list goes on...

Zane really knows his stuff and takes the time to answer questions. Having been here before with an L322 Range Rover with the same m62tu and ZF 5hp 24 box, it was reassuring!

It took a few weeks because the job was as big as it could have been and a bunch of parts and overhaul kits had to come from overseas.

He didn't disappoint and i now have my car back running better than ever.

Any gearbox woes?   Go see Zane at Automatic Transmission repairs in Plimmerton

• Like 7