Sign in to follow this  
Herbmiester

Manual conversion what clutch and flywheel

Ok guys I am seriuosly considering manually converting my new e36 323i to manual. I have a g220 from a 4cyl so will need a 6cyl flywheel and clutch. What are the options, dual mass singles mass, what size? The M52 b25 will likely stay stock and I have a 3.46 diff ratio so might have to change that. 

Iirc the common single mass conversion flywheel is an M20 one? I recall that's what was used when my 323i was converted. 

I believe there are good options for flywheel and clutch kits on trademe now, but someone else will need to chime in on that. 

• Like 1

Yes I believe the M20 is the common "semi performance" upgrade. You can get away with the M4X SMF and clutch as well, they can slip a little at high revs or when being pushed hard but I got away with one behind my "slightly modified" M52B28 for a year or so - not ideal but will work. And there are places around that can rebuild the M4X clutch to have more clamping force than a stock M5X one.

• Like 1