Sign in to follow this  
Driftit

New 3 Series Touring!!!

Looks pretty nice. 

Lots and lots of photos at the end of the article. 

Motor1.com: 2020 BMW 3 Series Touring Debuts Its Long Roof Lines For Euro Buyers.
https://www.motor1.com/news/354251/2020-bmw-3-series-touring/amp/

Screenshot_20190612-151620~2.png

• Thanks 1

Fixed the thread title for you mate :rolleyes:

Great cars, shame buyers in NZ are obsessed with SUVs.

• Like 2

About time! This looks good, slightly unsure about the rear side window look but otherwise nice.

i see the 330i/d and 340i come with optional LSD. The non slip rubber in the boot floor is a good idea too. Wonder if a 340d will appear or whether diesel is too far gone for that

I believe the M340d will start production the same time as the M340i (which is not from launch as this article claims, for RHD anyways). Diesel is only "too far gone" for those manufacturers that decided to cheat rather than develop better engines.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

369hp for the top model, yikes, long way from the 230hp of the once top model E46 330i! 

4 hours ago, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

I believe the M340d will start production the same time as the M340i (which is not from launch as this article claims, for RHD anyways). Diesel is only "too far gone" for those manufacturers that decided to cheat rather than develop better engines.

I do get the impression that VAG have gone diesel on the Audi S4/5/6 to use up their stock of 3.0 V6 diesel engines after the knee-jerk decision by Porsche not to make diesel engined cars any more. 

Exterior Shape - i like!

Interior, not so much, it feels too much like a star trek episode

Edited by 325_driver

From the M-Lite Australia forums, apparently BMW Australia has confirmed that they, at least, won’t be bringing in any Touring versions of the 3 series. (Direct from the Natl Sales Mgr)

To me, seems a bit short sighted given how well Aus lapped up V8 Holden’s Commodore wagons for years and this is about the only thing offering roughly the same aesthetic and grunt. 

I think we can assume that one of these sources is wrong. 

I can actually imagine per capita better sales of wagons here c.f. Australia (which is basically like a mini US) i.e. SUV's everywhere.

fullsizeoutput_152b.jpeg

I think it is BMWblog that is wrong, as I do believe that BMW AU are not offering the G21.

As new cars Tourings are a hard sell in NZ as well, more SUVs sold than saloons, hatches, lift-backs, coupes, convertibles and estates COMBINED.

Only estates that sell in anything like a reasonable number are the RS4 and RS6. Fingers crossed the M340i takes it to them.

Oh well, at least if BMW NZ stop offering them our lax import rules will allow me to import something from the UK.

Front on, the render looks better than the real thing. Doesn't anyone else think it looks a bit beady-eyed in the photos?

bmw-3er-touring-2019.jpg

bmw-3er-touring-2019.jpg

I'm not convinced this 'big kidney grill' design language they've introduced across the range is such a good aesthetic but I like the rest of this station wagon.

Edited by M3AN

I like it, I remember looking at an E60 front on for the first time and thinking bloody hell only a mother could love that face.  But as it happened I grew to love it too and realised it just took a while to appreciate the headlight design.

On 6/14/2019 at 8:29 PM, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

more SUVs sold than saloons, hatches, lift-backs, coupes, convertibles and estates COMBINED.

Makes me cry. SUV's are the car equivalent of a dad bod. Deliberately picking one (rather than just out of absolute necessity due to 7 kids or whatever) isa sure sign you've just resigned yourself to a slow fade to black.

Edited by BlackrazorNZ

On ‎6‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 8:52 PM, M3AN said:

Front on, the render looks better than the real thing. Doesn't anyone else think it looks a bit beady-eyed in the photos?

bmw-3er-touring-2019.jpg

bmw-3er-touring-2019.jpg

I'm not convinced this 'big kidney grill' design language they've introduced across the range is such a good aesthetic but I like the rest of this station wagon.

The render does look a lot better, partly because of the different angle of the shot, and no lighting effects. Also the render is the M340i/d version with the different front grille, lower front apron and lower ride height - all of which will alter the view of the car. Bottom photo is an M-Sport version, verus the M Performance in the render.

If you're not convinced on this grille design, you are in for some treats next year!

I see the G21 has made it onto the BMW NZ configurator now - interesting that both models are diesel and xdrive (presumably that was where most of the f31 sales were as well). Electric tailgate now an extra cost option though!

Screen Shot 2019-07-14 at 8.17.07 PM.png

$900 on a $100,000 car and it's a free inclusion on any $40,000 car lol.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, balancerider said:

I see the G21 has made it onto the BMW NZ configurator now - interesting that both models are diesel and xdrive (presumably that was where most of the f31 sales were as well). Electric tailgate now an extra cost option though!

Screen Shot 2019-07-14 at 8.17.07 PM.png

Are you definately on the NZ web-site for the configurator (check it's not re-routed you through to .com.au) as both the Auto Tailgate and the Heated Seats are standard for both the 320d and 330d models for NZ?

The web-site and configurator are hugely important on the buying process now, so it is very important to have this information correct.

As you can see from the feedback above, it can reflect negatively on the product.

Rivet counters of the world unite.

• Like 1

Base price just went up $900 with automatic tailgate now standard ?

Edited by str8_6
  • Haha 1

It’s a shame an alarm system is an optional extra. 

Also... no 340i option ?

Nope, price is fixed, it was an error in the setting up of the configurator, now fixed.

As as I said earlier in the thread M340i is not available for NZ at launch, will be coming once it’s available.