Sign in to follow this  
Driftit

New 3 Series Touring!!!

9 hours ago, str8_6 said:

It’s a shame an alarm system is an optional extra. 

Also... no 340i option ?

It’s all give and take with the specs, JDM 3 series rarely have leather interior (at least in m sport) but always big screen nav and good headlights. GB market cars always have manual seats but leather standard and alcantara an option, the alarm makes their insurance premiums cheaper so it’s standard fit. NZ new cars have almost everything - hence why they’re expensive!

Edited by balancerider

Can't remember what video it was.  But it was comparing the 340i, S4, AMG C43 and their winner was none, get the 330i instead.

Was just scrolling through the Audi and BMW wagon configurations, interesting that all NZ a4’s are petrol and only the Allroad A6 has a diesel, whereas 3 out of 5 BMW wagons are diesel. Would be interesting to know what the diesel vs petrol sales breakdown was on F31 wagons? @E30 325i Rag-Top?

(possibly to do with the fact that VAG are diesel cheaters?)

The mix between petrol and diesel changed a lot during the lifecycle of the F31.

xDrive was not available from launch so the early cars were 318d, 328i and 335i models.

When xDrive came in the 320d xDrive and 330d xDrive models were offered as well as the original petrols. These were then the majority of sales for quite a while, to the point where the other three were dropped from the offer.

In the final year a 320i model was brought in as an entry level and a 340i with local fit M Performance kit.

When I get chance I will pull the figures for each across the whole life span for comparison.

• Thanks 1