Sign in to follow this  
Bandit

E86 Z4 Coupe 3.0si MANUAL

Any idea how many of these in New Zealand (produced 2006-2008)? I've tried the NZTA data log but struggled more than just a little with it......

Edited by Bandit
sp

There are a few around, single digit numbers would be my take.  I've seen 1 on trademe over the last few years.

One just sold on trademe for $9,300

• Confused 1

On 6/22/2019 at 8:32 AM, ctho said:

One just sold on trademe for $9,300

That was a deal to be had! Future classics for sure.  

As with a lot of the NZTA information, the data is very messy and trying to pull info this specific is not easy.

The only Z4s with an engine larger than 2.5ltr recorded as manuals are M Roadsters, however, there are a lot of vehicles with "not recorded" against the transmission type, so some of those could be manuals.

Lots of Z4s do not specify whether they are the Roadster or the Coupe - some are Roadstar some are Convertable (?) and the recorded body style of "Sports Car" combines all variety of Z4s, so taking out what is definately not a coupe first registered from 2006 to 2009 gives a total of 108 cars that COULD be Coupes and COULD be manuals. I highly doubt that even a fraction of them are both Coupe and Manual though, sorry it cannot be more specific.

This is what happens when used cars, and used imports in particular can be registered as whatever you want to write on the form and half the information can be left off the sheet. The best one in the list was listed as "Z4 A GREEN ONE" - genius!

• Haha 1

Using the NZTA database, the VIN 11 field and searching for WBADU52 (Z4 Coupe) gives 68 Coupes.  None are listed with manual transmissions, but there are many blanks in the data as Rag-Top said.

I have two in my database:

2007 Blue vin of LF68788 sold June 2019

2009 Blue vin of LJ50016 sold around Nov 2015