Sign in to follow this  
325_driver

Service light

Anyone know how to reset this light?

it comes on when i start the car for a second - the car was serviced before i got it, but the guy never got time to take it back to mechanics.

Can this light be reset without a tool?

image.png.eddfbaf1fa5c8a18cc1a8879c79a5b52.png

Jump on the google, there are a few vids of how to do it through the dash. Also scroll through the service menu to ensure its something thats actually been done, its not just oil changes that are tracked.

Edited by Jacko

10 minutes ago, Jacko said:

Jump on the google, there are a few vids of how to do it through the dash. Also scroll through the service manual to ensure its something thats actually been done, its not just oil changes that are tracked.

yeah i can only find ones on how to reset each light like oil, brakes, fluid, a/c etc 

not actually get rid of that light

or is that light from one of those items not being reset?

• Like 1

Isn't it meant to come on and then go out? Just to show you the lamp is working (like for example your ABS light)?

I don't recall it coming on in my E91. Usually in the section under that light when it comes on, it will say how soon or overdue the service is. In the example photo above, it would've been due 03/2016.

Worst case, if you cant reset it in the car, it'll be resettable using an App or INPA.

• Like 1

Scroll through the menu to find out why, could be WOF reminder or stat emissions testing reminder if yours is an import. If it is either of those hold the BC button down and then change it as desired. If it's engine oil, brake fluid or otherwise then via the cluster

• Like 1

14 hours ago, M3AN said:

Isn't it meant to come on and then go out? Just to show you the lamp is working (like for example your ABS light)?

when that red service light is on says -25,000, and then goes away as the car starts

But i know for a fact the car was serviced before I bought it

Was just wondering if there is a broad "service reminder" setting that a tool has to reset, or if its picking up on one of the individual lights, because i've scrolled through them and none say 25,000 overdue.