Sign in to follow this  
its_MSCHF23

Bmw has two headunits

Hi my bmw came with two head units when I purchased the vehicle one in the front and then one in the boot which is wired to make the front head unit work was wondering if it was possible to take the the head unit in the boot which is the original and put it back in the front ?? And also why do they do this for ?? 

send pics and details of the units , 

2 hours ago, its_MSCHF23 said:

Hi my bmw came with two head units when I purchased the vehicle one in the front and then one in the boot which is wired to make the front head unit work was wondering if it was possible to take the the head unit in the boot which is the original and put it back in the front ?? And also why do they do this for ?? 

Japanese import thing is usual, want fancy whiz bang flashing light headunit and to retain factory canbus headunit controls without errors. Its a hodgepodge fix, but common. 

12 hours ago, BM WORLD said:

send pics and details of the units , 

So first pic is a pioneer carrozzeria avic-zh900md which is set in Japanese language 

second and third pic is the factory head unit which is hooked up in the boot dealership said its to make the one up front work. 

213D143F-4D0D-4794-8B6D-F41324E3510B.jpeg

03870C38-53D0-4861-B72F-26A2A723BC36.jpeg

65AD1EF5-325E-42EB-ACAB-5254DFB0E4A4.jpeg

well suppose just rip it all out and re hook up original stereo back in it place . 

probably have to resolder some wires etc 

• Like 1