Sign in to follow this  
Mad_Max

1973 E3 3.0S

A few pics of the latest addition for those that are interested. Carjam tells me it's done around 137k, was originally NZ New and has had a few owners over the years. I picked it up off a guy after it had been sitting in his shed for 10 years or so, it came with another parts car that may or may not be too far gone to restore, but we will see.

I haven't confirmed numbers yet but believed to be the matching numbers original motor. Body is straight with one small dent in the front right guard, and one small patch of rust in the boot - not a hard fix. The rest is just surface rust. Drives seat definitely need recovered but everything else appears in good condition.

It has no brakes or exhaust as yet, again not hard to sort these out. And will need tyres, some lights replaced etc. But all in all hoping this won't take long to sort out and be another classic to be enjoyed on the weekends. Now just need to build my f$%#*@g workshop to store all these toys in hahaha

IMG_20190701_110740.jpg

IMG_20190701_110752.jpg

IMG_20190701_110804.jpg

IMG_20190701_110815.jpg

IMG_20190701_110832.jpg

IMG_20190701_110854.jpg

IMG_20190701_110906.jpg

IMG_20190701_110914.jpg

IMG_20190701_110942.jpg

• Like 4

When I first saw that I though it had a CR (Crown) plate. But alas, it's a sneaky G.

30 minutes ago, M3AN said:

When I first saw that I though it had a CR (Crown) plate. But alas, it's a sneaky G.

Hahaha I never noticed that...... bad bolt placement at a guess.

Hey @Gaz, hope you're keeping well in these times. TBH not much has happened, I've temporarily moved it into storage (along with he B11, E34, spare E3, E36 Msport coupe and about 10 other cars) to build the workshop/home office area, so I'm needing to get that sorted first before really getting into it.

I have got a good, old school panelbeater lined up - will get the E34 to him first (that's only minor work) to make sure he's as good as I'm told, before stripping the E3 and getting to work on it.

Have been wondering what a twin carb M30B28 motor is worth these days, as the spare E3 is the 2.8l version. Will have to look into that. There may also be another long-term project to do with that spare E3, the body is a bit too rusted to be economically restored so it may end up becoming something a bit different....... but we'll see.

First things first, I need to get this workshop/office done ☺️

• Like 1

Fair enough mate, hate it when life gets in the way of hobbies haha

• Like 1

I too have a 3.0S that has been in my possession for 15 years without moving. The previous owner stored it for 10 years too.

It's an NZ new 1974 car with a tidy, near rust free body and tidy interior. Engine was cooked prior to my ownership. 

It continues to wait patiently while other projects jump the queue . . . .

• Like 2