Sign in to follow this  
Mikan

1990 Gletscherblau 325i SE sedan 2.5k.

Bought this following the world's worst PPI and had it trucked down from Auckland without eyeballing it myself.

Presented far worse than adverstised/photographed, and the story got worse from there. Passenger sill is rusty - not like Swiss cheese rusty, but certainly 'fix now' rusty. What the vender promised was a flogged diff bushing has turned out to be a crack in the chassis behind and to the left of the bush. Jon at Auto38 gave a rough estimate of 1800 to sort both.

The car photographs OK, but paint is let down by clearcoat oxidising in small patches on the bonnet, bird strike etching in a couple of places and a couple of dings. There is a recent professional rust repair in the scuttle below the bonnet line. There is a little rust and a dent in the rear valance, and other nicks and scratches that need looking at. 

The interior is untidy, the headliner is mouldy and will need replacing. The SE upholstery is all gone (though the blue glovebox/console/lower dash remains) and has leather rear seats and what look to be Integra recaros in the front. It has remote locking via a mongoose alarm. 

Brakes and shocks will need attention, the vendor understood the setup to be lowering springs and standard shocks. The rack is leaking and has play.

Basically I want to make it clear this is being sold as a project car - it needs enthusiam and attention, and I have neither right now. Its a shame - it still is a handsome car, I love the colour (reminded me of @Allanw 's beautiful family SE), and the spec is nice, but it's a project rather than a tidy-up which is what I thought I was getting (and all I have time for!).

On the plus side: VTNZ warrant, OBC, SE skirts/spoiler, getrag 260 (installed by hellbm, uncerted), m20b25. Engine (885) has done high kms but has been rebuilt at least once.

Viewing encouraged.

Thanks

Edit: as is where is. 

IMG_20190518_140002.jpg

IMG_20190521_162709.jpg

IMG_20190521_162716.jpg

IMG_20190521_162727.jpg

IMG_20190521_162745.jpg

IMG_20190521_162801.jpg

Edited by Mikan
Price drop
  • Like 3
  • Sad 2

tough call to make, well done.  

Karma will undoubtedly catch up with the little toe-rag who misrepresented the sale.

And top marks for an honest description!  It's good buying at $3k, given the way e30 prices are going.

• Like 1

Who did the PPI?

such a beautiful colour!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

such a shame, looks great in the pics .. you probably don't want to but if you decide to part out put me on the list for the side skirts :)

On 7/3/2019 at 7:01 PM, zero said:

Who did the PPI?

sh*t yeah please let everyone know. Need to avoid them. 

• Like 2

SOLD pending payment/pickup. 

Thanks for the interest and support. 

• Like 6