E30 325i Rag-Top

Is This Where The E30 Market Is Now..?

On 10/31/2019 at 1:44 PM, ctho said:

^I just sold that touring a couple weeks ago for 10k. 

Where did you have it listed? I would've definitely had a nosey.

On 10/31/2019 at 1:44 PM, ctho said:

^I just sold that touring a couple weeks ago for 10k. 

Unfortunately the buyer has a rep for this sort of thing. 

Had it listed on trademe. Sold within an hour. I suppose it’s fair play to him if he wants to try sell it for more, I got a quick and hassle free sale. 

• Like 1

On 10/31/2019 at 11:36 AM, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

Wow, that is in great condition! Price is relatively high, but for an NZ new touring I would think it would be close to that.

Managed to get some E30 M3 parts from TradeMe without the tax... happy as, and the seller was a real legend too.

Yeah that was the boot and spoiler? I would have been but sadly my cars are both facelift. Bargain deal for m3 parts.

Yup, and the front and rear bumpers. Lots of layers of paint, but otherwise in very good condition.

On 11/2/2019 at 8:26 AM, ctho said:

Had it listed on trademe. Sold within an hour. I suppose it’s fair play to him if he wants to try sell it for more, I got a quick and hassle free sale. 

Sold to 'Charles'. Who has complimented the seller on how well he looked after the car! ? 
So tempted to point out that the seller had only owned it for 5 minutes...
Credit to you, Chester, for how well you looked after the car. :) 

• Like 1

Tech 2 M325i, just listed on TradeMe at $33k, it's very nice, but that's getting up there. Thoughts?

https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/bmw/auction-2409215881.htm?rsqid=27f895a083bc4854be2ded008a3d898e-002

1205609473.jpg

I have heard of M325i getting into the Mid-$20ks so this would be a raising of the bar.

• Like 1

Never ceases to amaze me that in a country this small, with so much activity in niche groups, there still seems to be an endless stream of rare(r) vehicles popping up.

was up for $40k around 6 months ago, I thought at the time massively overpriced (although its near enough a perfect example by the look of the pics), at $35k looks to be a good buy now based on what I've seen 325iMs go for recently , just don't have 35k spare unfortunately :(

• Like 1

re M325i  --  do you think the km's on this are legit at 330,000km   Seems very high to me and the overall condition of the car certainly does not seem to reflect that mileage.  Seems a lovely car and quite possibly one that, with less k's on it, I would have thought would appreciate over time as e30 M3 prices go stratospheric.

330 km for a nearly 30 yr old car is only 11000 ks a year .A well looked after car will be exactly like this one.The mileage becomes almost irelevant as everything that wears is replaced 

• Like 4

One sold in the UK a while back for more than £60K.  Only had around 15K miles on the clock though.

But it is silly for what is just an E30 with some nice clothes.

Glad I had fun in the E30's while the prices allowed you to have fun in them.  If your E30 sits in the garage you're doing it wrong.  (Unless it doesn't go.  Jon.)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, C-130 Hercules said:

@E30 325i Rag-Top get it before someone else will! ?

Wrong colour for me mate, I always lusted after a Dolphin Grey 325i Sport as a young man. Would settle for black as well though.

The DP at BMW Hamilton has a gorgeous red one as well, low kms and immaculate.

@C-130 Hercules how about you get this white one, and I buy your Meister? ??

• Sad 1

On 11/21/2019 at 1:53 PM, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

Tech 2 M325i, just listed on TradeMe at $33k, it's very nice, but that's getting up there. Thoughts?

https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/bmw/auction-2409215881.htm?rsqid=27f895a083bc4854be2ded008a3d898e-002

1205609473.jpg

I have heard of M325i getting into the Mid-$20ks so this would be a raising of the bar.

Very Extensively restored this car from what I've heard/seen. I think the price is well justified. A client of mine bought an unrestored m325i facelift for 25k that needs a whole lot more work than the one above. very healthy vehicle that White one 

8 hours ago, Palazzo said:

Dolphin Grey?

M325i small.jpg

Looks like my old colour which was Delphine Metallic (Dolphin Grey). Far more and better colour choices those days.

On 11/21/2019 at 1:53 PM, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

1205609473.jpg

It's nice.  Mind you, if I had my hand on my wallet for $33k, I'd be spotting things like:

• paint chips along the bonnet leading edge and a very deep stone chip near the badge,
  • bonnet alignment off,
  • a worn-out gear lever, worn-out pedal rubbers,
  • no caps on the wiper arms,
  • very poor alignment of the bootlid left to right (where it meets the tail lamps),
  • gash at bottom of rear bumper/apron at right side,
  • poor paintwork on the valve cover,
  • dashboard cracks,
  • no aircon

... and I'd be thinking "hmmm, I know what one of these looks like in primo condition.  And how much they go for.  I'll try at $25k and spend the money to eliminate all of those points".

I've a lotto ticket for tonight.  Let's see how it goes!

• Like 7

8 hours ago, coop said:

Has anyone seen or inspected that white m325 in the flesh? 

I am happy to go check it out. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Contrails said:

I am happy to go check it out. 

Thanks for the offer. 
I can’t get to Auckland until dec 19th. So if it’s still on the market I’ll view it then. 
I’m happy to wait and let what happens, happen. 

14" Basket weaves needing a refurb - $500 (although fitted with good condition, but very-cheap-to-buy tyres).

15" basket weaves - $2k.

The world has gone quite, quite mad.