E30 325i Rag-Top

Is This Where The E30 Market Is Now..?

1 hour ago, GetCam said:

I would estimate somewhere around 6k+ depending on condition. You'd really need to provide some photos to get a better idea. It's a 4 door auto 320i which are usually not high up in terms of desireability. Red isn't the most desireable paint code either but there will be someone out there who loves it. Is the interior cloth? Are they sport seats? Are there cracks on the dash? Full service history? Are all the electronics functioning correctly, these are the things that will make it worth more than 6k.  

Everything works, is original. Dash and rest of interior is excellent, it has houndstooth upholstery standard seats. Dad used to take it to the dealership for service faithfully, then to an independent. Not sure but i think he has the original service book and manual.  Electronics such as they are, are fine. Its a second or third car now, and in future Dad will have to downsize so I was just curious. Might have to grab it for my son when he learns to drive in 7 years. It'll be the snazziest learner car out there ?

Edited by GNJ

Ahh the amount of e30s we butchered and trashed when we were younger ?

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Driftit said:

Great base for an E30 Series car. 

The biggest f**k up might have been making the series cars coupes and not four doors.

• Confused 1

11 hours ago, leichtbau said:

The biggest f**k up might have been making the series cars coupes and not four doors.

Mine was a PFL 4 door with an Mtech kit that I got off my cousin for a $1000. Nobody wanted them back then. 

• Like 1

Just seen a Mtech 1 rear spoiler offered for sale.
Couple of cracks, easy repair (apparently).

US $600.

The world has gone mad.

Want to make money?  Sell "Euro" (Everywhere bar the US) bumpers on Ebay.com.

What we pay $100 for.  They pay $600USD for.  Especially E28 and E30 PFL bumpers.

• Like 2

Not surprising really - have you seen the horrific things they bolted to the front and rear of an E30 to make it meet US legislation..? The usual supply versus demand would apply too, not many of them in the country, and lots of people wanting them obviously pushes the prices up.

Have a look at some of the E30 M3 parts on U.S. sites - Euro Bumpers / Grilles / Gearboxes, etc all go for big premiums. E30 tax + M3 Tax + Euro Tax = $$$$$$

1 hour ago, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

Not surprising really - have you seen the horrific things they bolted to the front and rear of an E30 to make it meet US legislation..? The usual supply versus demand would apply too, not many of them in the country, and lots of people wanting them obviously pushes the prices up.

Have a look at some of the E30 M3 parts on U.S. sites - Euro Bumpers / Grilles / Gearboxes, etc all go for big premiums. E30 tax + M3 Tax + Euro Tax = $$$$$$

I offended a guy at a cars and coffee event in the US.  Overheard me telling the Mrs his E28 looked like it had a fat lip and they ruined the car.  They did.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 7/27/2020 at 7:54 PM, leichtbau said:

you mean in NZ?  e30 Coupes, Sedans, Tourings all go in the series.  e46 is more stringent.

"Looking at selling my 1986 E30 318i... No WOF and Rego on hold.. brand new mags, tyres and German made shocks and lowering springs - has had previous rust repair in drivers side floor (not the flashiest work, needs attention to clean up, rest of floor pan is mint) also “minor” rust in boot that needs some patches, interior is out of car apart from front seats, loads of spare parts, engine and gear box are good! only known issue with engine is at idle it fluctuates up and down until cars warm, then good to go - im sure it’s just a $50 new cold start air fuel sensor to fix... apart from that fairly honest car good project for someone.. $6000 - owes me more...."

There's another '86 manual, no WoF or rego, lowered, big exhaust, no details about interior, obvious nsf bump at some point - asking price is $7500.

When does the silly season end?

• Haha 1

Would love to get a good 325i manual coupe at some point in the next year or so as a 'forever car' to restomod... guess I would be looking at $15k plus and a chunk of change for sorting it properly...

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Sammo said:

guess I would be looking at $15k plus and a chunk of change for sorting it properly...

good luck finding a 325i E30 for 15k lol

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, qube said:

good luck finding a 325i E30 for 15k lol

Seen a few lately but sedans ?

Oh yes i automatically thought coupe. No appeal in a sedan for me. Just like an r32/33/34 skyline. Coupe or nothing

• Like 1

There was a E30 325i ‘vert on TradeMe for $34k the other week, but I can’t find it now.

There are still some reasonable buys to be had, but at $15k for a 325i manual coupe you would probably be looking at some work to be done.

• Like 1

@E30 325i Rag-Top yeah, just about better off buying an auto or 4cyl and slapping an M50 in it...

Will keep saving my pocket money and sweet talking the wife ?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

A mate of mine just sold a 4 door 325i manual for close to 15k. tech 2 sedan but the kit was added

• Like 1

@BMTHUG Nice, think I might have seen that on FB / Trade Me - nice looking dark sedan listed for $15k?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sammo said:

@BMTHUG Nice, think I might have seen that on FB / Trade Me - nice looking dark sedan listed for $15k?

yeah man, same car! She was beaut too. I maintained it for my mate the last few years. A lot had been done to get it up to a better than average standard 

• Like 1

@modz might be nearly done with his build and I *think* he is selling it after?

I think he was putting in an M54b30 iirc.. and its a coupe :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, qube said:

@modz might be nearly done with his build and I *think* he is selling it after?

I think he was putting in an M54b30 iirc.. and its a coupe :)

Just daydreaming at this point but an M54 E30 would be amazing

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

How about an N52k E30. Should honk along. Probably easier to find a good motor too. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Driftit said:

How about an N52k E30. Should honk along. Probably easier to find a good motor too. 

Soon.... ;)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 9/24/2020 at 8:54 PM, Sammo said:

Seen a few lately but sedans parts cars ?

fixed that for ya.  errr I'll get my coat then... <ducks> ?

• Haha 1