Sign in to follow this  
SavageXii

E34 540I Diagnostic Scanner / Memory Seats

Hi all,

Wondering who has a solution to scan the older BMW's, I've done some research online but can't seem to find much info about it, maybe im not typing in the correct key words.
But after a ADS/DIS for the E34 that preferably works on newer laptops as mine doesn't have a com port. Or is there anyone between Auckland and Wellington that is able to diagnose an E34 aside from the dealership? Not just a "Code reader".

Also side note, has anyone repaired the memory electric seat module in these before?

Thanks!

Edited by SavageXii
Typo's
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, NZ00Z3 said:

Try the Foxwell NT520 BMW scanner,  Claims to be compatible with the E34 and OBD1, see below review

http://www.foxwellsupport.com/foxwell-nt520-bmw-mini-diagnostic-scan-tool-feedback/

Hi Murray, I think it needs to be DIS + a laptop, so I can change settings in the body modules, dont think the scanners can do that

Maybe try this interface to give you a com port. That is if you are happy soldering and making up PC boards.  Other than this, an old laptop with coms port is the only way I know of connecting to OBD1 systems to code.

https://openlabs.co/OSHW/Tiny-ADS-Interface

whats the actual issue with the seat 

I have ADS interface set up in Hawkes Bay that should talk to it. 

5 hours ago, BM WORLD said:

whats the actual issue with the seat 

I believe the seat and mirror control unit has failed, as the mirror and seat controls have reversed.

22 hours ago, SavageXii said:

I believe the seat and mirror control unit has failed, as the mirror and seat controls have reversed.

seat switch from left side ?