Sign in to follow this  
DaveO

2002 BMW 530i Motorsport INDIVIDUAL

Hi Guys

I've finally moved on from the old E39 to the newer F10, so am looking to sell the long-serving 530i.  Some of you might remember the car from many years ago.

The car is certainly in need of some TLC to get her back up to scratch - but has many positives too, and would make for a really good project for whoever has some time and effort to put into it.  Please read below for positives & negatives.  I have listed all details which I am aware of at this stage.

Car Details:

2002 BMW 530i Motorsport INDIVIDUAL E39
NZ New
265,000 kms
Le-Mans Blue Metallic
Black Leather Interior with INDIVIDUAL package blue stitching, and with aluminum trim.
M-Sport package including door-trims, steering wheel, wheels, front/rear bumpers etc.

Positives:

Although high kms - engine and gearbox seem to be just as powerful and smooth as ever - car has had regular servicing throughout my ownership (I have had this car since 130,000km ish).
Interior condition - namely Leather + Trim etc. - in very good condition for its age - aside from some minor issues which will be mentioned below.
All 4 tyres have very good tread - approx 70%+ all round.
Paint condition - overall - is decent, especially when considering the Kms.
Car still has a current Rego. - Expires late July.
Stereo just as good as ever, car comes with tube subwoofer/amp in boot.

Negatives:

Front Brake Rotors likely worn - causing steering wheel to shake while braking - will need replacement.  - Rears look OK.
On occasions there appears to be a water leak on passenger rear side - I believe this is possibly due to rear windscreen seals being worn - Car has mostly been stored in the garage so has been OK.
Front Bumper has a significant number of small stone chips - simply just from the mileage - could use a respray.
Front passenger side fog light cracked.
Slight fading on headlights - might buff out (common with most E39s).
2 known rear left Parking sensors (PDC) broken, as such the PDC system is non-functional - could use sensor replacements.
Front Drivers seat recline adjustment issues - seat can still slide forward/back, however seat struggles to recline - possibly seat recline motor - still gets power all OK.
Steering wheel decay from heat/use, functional but cracked/wear n tear at the top (see photo).
Dent in drivers side door (approx 10cm).
Rear bumper small wave/warping in center - paint all OK.
Small dent/scratch on rear passenger side pillar area.
Main key remote low on battery, other ones are completely dead (don't work) - this is possibly causing the alarm to go off randomly on very rare occasion - could just be key battery.
Spare wheel in boot has a flat/damaged tyre on it.

As you can see, this car can certainly be brought back to its former glory with a little time and effort.  I still love driving this thing, even compared to much newer cars.  The E39 is really a timeless classic.

Looking for around the $2,500 mark - or give me an offer.  Car is in Takanini, Auckland.  Contact me on 021 778 376 for any further questions or to arrange a viewing/test drive etc.

Cheers
DaveO

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

• Like 6

good effort on the listing dave :D only took a few tries to get it right haha.

man this looks like a nice little project i would love to get in on but dont have the space right now

Cheers Qube.  Hahahaha yeah sorry for the multiple delete + repost...  I was using CTRL+ENTER instead of SHIFT+ENTER to go to the next line - and it kept posting it before I had finished :P  my bad!

Yes, if I had the space too I would love to spend a little bit of money and bring her back to her former glory - will be an exciting project for someone!!

If I hadn't just bought my E46 325i individual I'd have grabbed this! :o 

10 hours ago, TermiPeteNZ said:

If I hadn't just bought my E46 325i individual I'd have grabbed this! :o 

..same...

Yep would be matt's old car - from a very long time ago though haha.

Open to offers - I think the car might also possibly need a new battery or maybe just a good charge as the car isn't being used at the moment.

Sold to Barry!   Congrats mate, I hope you enjoy the car like I have :)!

Keep us updated with how you get on bringing her back to her former glory!

• Like 5

Well so drove back from Auckland to Wellington yesterday, very impressed with the car so far, have already done an Oil Service & ordered parts, that it needs

I did the whole trip, 714 kilometres on one tank of fuel, averaged 8.9 litres per 100 k & according to the OBC, still had a range of 114 kilometres to go, pretty good I think anyway!!

168748C3-4145-42FA-82DF-6D01F3B2F375.jpeg

BFB62F2A-1DB8-47EF-A246-0B1263A33EAF.jpeg

• Like 3