Sign in to follow this  
Jacko

Torque Pro + BMW Pids

Spent 30m this morning trying to get the BMW ELM327 specific initialisation string to work, I want oil temp on my "dash" :) , but cant get it to output anything with this string, default works fine but is missing all the manufacturer specific goodness.

Has anyone managed to get this to work? 

AT PB E1 01\nAT CRA 612\nAT SH 6F1\nAT FC SH 6F1\nAT FC SD 12 30 0F 02\nAT FC SM1\nAT CEA 12\nAT CM 600\nAT H1\nAT SP B\nAT BI\nAT AL\n

66381071_10156015861772693_3596058666765123584_o.jpg

• Like 1

Looking at Carly's diagnostic parameters, everything is there from oil temp to DISA valve positions, just need to find the magical string and PIDs to get it working in Torque Pro. 

Tried running Torque scan, whilst driving, for 40min and it found nothing.... 

I read a forum post on bimmerforum about this same thing a few years ago. Nobody was able to get the PIDs at the time. Searched there? 

21 hours ago, Driftit said:

I read a forum post on bimmerforum about this same thing a few years ago. Nobody was able to get the PIDs at the time. Searched there? 

Yeah, ive been wearing the google out, found lots of threads however they all dither out without a solution. The Torque Pro forum should be used an example of how not to forum, its entirely spam. 

Flicked a msg to the dev, no response...  Found Btool, another BMW OBD2 app that also has the params figured out for oil temp etc, same as Carly though, it sucks as a "dash"