Sign in to follow this  
C-130 Hercules

Ayrton Senna - a history assignment

Evening all - my daughter is working on a NCEA Level 3 History Research Project. She has chosen to do this on the 1994 San Marino Grand Prix. 

She would like to talk to any local Kiwi Formula 1 or even Non-Formula 1 fans that watched or remembers the events of the 1994 San Marino GP.

If you are able help and answer a few questions please pm me. Also interested in any interesting facts that link NZ with Senna. 

Thanks in advance folks! 

• Like 1

I was watching it live on TV in my parent's home in Torbay. I'm not ashamed to admit I cried.

PM sent.

Just watched the Senna documentary on the flight to LA. Its good and has a lot of interviews etc. 

She could also try and get in touch with Brett Riley as he raced Senna once in touring cars Julian. Brett works at Auckland City Mercedes. 

The motorsport community is fairly tight nit group in NZ, so she’d get quite good contacts from approaching the likes of Giltrap group or even people that have been in F1 or are close to it.

On 7/18/2019 at 9:02 AM, M3AN said:

I was watching it live on TV in my parent's home in Torbay. I'm not ashamed to admit I cried.

PM sent.

Hi Dave - just followed up with my daughter to make sure she contacted you. Thanks for your responses, much appreciated! :)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, KwS said:

Just watched the Senna documentary on the flight to LA. Its good and has a lot of interviews etc. 

Thanks Kelvin - yes we borrowed this from the local library. It is a good watch. 

4 hours ago, M3_Power said:

She could also try and get in touch with Brett Riley as he raced Senna once in touring cars Julian. Brett works at Auckland City Mercedes. 

The motorsport community is fairly tight nit group in NZ, so she’d get quite good contacts from approaching the likes of Giltrap group or even people that have been in F1 or are close to it.

Hi Tom - thanks for the tip. She is going to give him a ring tomorrow. :)

On 7/22/2019 at 10:37 PM, C-130 Hercules said:

Thanks Kelvin - yes we borrowed this from the local library. It is a good watch. 

Is this the one right?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Senna_(film)

Just making sore there's another on and I haven't watched it lol.

20 hours ago, C-130 Hercules said:

Yes that's the one ?

Thanks!! it's really good. And I have come to realise I need to check my typing in the future lol