Sign in to follow this  
Jacko

Focus Xdrive Vs M140i

And just to really rark up the legions of straight-6-RWD-lovers - apparently, there's "no way to tell' the difference between front and rear wheel drive performance cars these days.

That's a direct quote... this guy is ex-Audi, they snuck in a saboteur!

https://www.bmwblog.com/2019/07/16/bmw-exec-no-way-to-tell-between-fwd-and-rwd-1-series/

Capture.JPG

Edited by BlackrazorNZ

2 hours ago, BlackrazorNZ said:

And just to really rark up the legions of straight-6-RWD-lovers - apparently, there's "no way to tell' the difference between front and rear wheel drive performance cars these days.

That's a direct quote... this guy is ex-Audi, they snuck in a saboteur!

https://www.bmwblog.com/2019/07/16/bmw-exec-no-way-to-tell-between-fwd-and-rwd-1-series/

Capture.JPG

Put an Active Terror 225i through it's paces a while back and aside for the torque steer under hard acceleration, alot of the way it handled felt like a RWD

3 hours ago, BlackrazorNZ said:

Reason ive never liked fwd cars is they are generally harder to work on than a the rwd equivalent. Modern rwd BMW's are bad enough with cramped engine bays and dubious design, so im sure they will be even worse in fwd (or 4wd if you are a sucker for punishment) 

Maybe I'm dumb; - is "Focus" in the thread title just a dig at the design? Or am I missing something?

Is there to be no new 140? So the new 135 is meant to replace the 140 in the old lineup?

The quote above does say "almost no way to tell" and I'd have to agree if the car is an auto, in a manual it's going to be rather easy to tell.

I do really like the interior of the new one (those seats!), not so much the buck teeth styling. ?

1 hour ago, M3AN said:

Maybe I'm dumb; - is "Focus" in the thread title just a dig at the design? Or am I missing something?

Is there to be no new 140? So the new 135 is meant to replace the 140 in the old lineup?

The quote above does say "almost no way to tell" and I'd have to agree if the car is an auto, in a manual it's going to be rather easy to tell.

I do really like the interior of the new one (those seats!), not so much the buck teeth styling. ?

61605164_2463702703851365_6232939596032770048_n.jpg

61546520_10157598694472269_7143017327531917312_o.jpg

61191199_10219655139988446_3923168718967799808_o.jpg

• Thanks 1

Yeah, thought so...

Edited by M3AN