Sign in to follow this  
shiman

BMW Coolant

Hi, I need to buy some BMW coolant today to top up. I suspect I have a small leak that drips only when the car is parked after a drive. Any idea where I can buy this today, thanks

Find the leak first, fix it then replace the coolant.

Topping up with water will be fine until you sort it but if want to buy some local dealers will be open until 12 usually

I use the car maybe once in 2 weeks, so wanna top it up and monitor it as I have only owed the car for a month and driven it twice. Do you know of a local dealer that sells the BMW coolant locally? It’s not something that Repco or Supercheap stock.

BM Workshop usually have it on the shelf, possibly too late now.

Edited by GorGasm

I switched to the Penrite 7 year stuff which Repco and SCA stock, has BMW approval and far better priced than the BMW stuff (least in Hamilton). You'd want to flush all the old BMW coolant out though. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Eagle said:

I switched to the Penrite 7 year stuff which Repco and SCA stock, has BMW approval and far better priced than the BMW stuff (least in Hamilton). You'd want to flush all the old BMW coolant out though. 

Same here.

Thanks for the info on Penrite. Will wait till next week and get a bottle from BM Workshop

Bumping this. My mechanic advised against using green coolant, is there any credence to this? I see a couple of you here use Penrite 7-year, and I've been using it myself before I had my expansion tank replaced and coolant flushed.

Do I need to use distilled water to dilute? Kiwi tap water is definitely filled with a lot of sh*t that probably shouldn't go in an engine, but this might also be a bit tinfoil hat.

Some people got a phobia against anything green. As long as its HOAT type and you dont mix you wont have an issue. Penrite is OEM approved.

Mercedes had a water quality document i read along time ago and most NZ water was acceptable for mineral etc content iirc. 

• Like 2

Yup that's what I use too. 

On 11/18/2023 at 10:11 AM, C-130 Hercules said:

That's the one 

Got 20L of it in the garage now. Cheers.

• Like 1