Sign in to follow this  
325_driver

CCV wiring connector order - do they matter?

So im two hours in, and wresting with trying to get this bottom CCV hose off, everything else is fine 

i knew this one was a bitch, but i don't think i'm gunna get this one off lol

If there's any tricks to this let me know, lol but this is looking like a 3 day job for one hose

Image result for n52 bottom ccv hose

Ended up breaking it to get it off. What a bitch of a connector.

Question I'm hoping someone can clarify.

Does the order of the plugs in this matter.

DSC_0133.JPG

Did some digging and answered my own question, if anyone else ever forgets the order here it is

143340d1385333973-starter-problem-oil-separator.jpg

The aircon tool I linked too awhile back :)

Those plugs, nope, they're all in parallel 

Edited by Jacko

Air con tool didn't help with that one for some reason, with the other plugs yup! just the one that mattered lol

Thanks for confirming those plugs are in parallel, i seemed to come across a heated discussion on another forum saying that the wiring order can cause faults or issues with the running of engine.

What on earth are they? What/how do they measure? What do they send a signal to lol

Edited by 325_driver

Heater elements, no idea why they're needed... but apparently they are :)  The aircon fitting tool should work, it presses up on the centre, worked fine on the couple Ive pulled apart. 

Edited by Jacko

Any idea what this is?

Can't find anything on real OEM for it

My plug into it was pretty munted so wondering if it's going to play up if I don't get the pins connected back in there again be properly.

DSC_0134.JPG

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-bmw-parts/angle-connector-with-heating-element/11618638014/ - that what your pointing at?

Worst case, if it doesnt get connection is the heating circuit for it doesnt work, I have no idea if the DME has some sort of impedance checking for that circuit or not. 

I think so, 

image.png.1086757efe310a446da6998dccafea8e.png

is it just like throttle temp related? So worst case nothing really?

Just curious what all these damn plugs are, it was plugged in and held in with permaseal gasket, so when i pulled it out i realised it was busted, and the old mechanic just rammed it back in.

Not to mention i found more spliced wiring near it, 

so hoping like hell after i put it all back together it's all good lol

is it a heating component as in stops the oil from solidifying or something?

What a mad piece of German engineering this all is

• Like 1

god, getting it back on, i hope i just need to push it on, because she is difficult as hell

I think the crank return CCV is on. Worst case if it's not on properly oil leakage down there? There's no vaccum down there aye?

Edited by 325_driver

The crank return hose must be fitted correctly. For the system to work properly ALL components need to be fitted correctly.

36 minutes ago, 325_driver said:

I think the crank return CCV is on. Worst case if it's not on properly oil leakage down there? There's no vaccum down there aye?

You mean the difficult one at the sump? It'll make a snap when its on correctly, and it wont pull off without releasing the tabs. 

38507143_10155347118312693_1682171018614931456_o.jpg.7558ba605a4dcbf0e58e097c433e0936.jpg

38614944_10155347116672693_6814064661344813056_n.jpg.668ffcc4845214ddf3ee468458659af9.jpg

Hmm, could be anything, doubt its that though. Plug scanner in and see what its says is wrong.

Starting, then dying immediately - does it sound like a vaccum related thing? I would have thought it would be spluttery if it was vaccum related.

Does anyone else know whether the bottom CCV return pipe to sump could potentially cause a vaccum leak? It felt pretty solid on there, but who knows

During the removal, i was using a wire to help unclip something, and it sparked out across the rocker cover sort of near the coils - you don't reckon you've potentially damaged coils in all of this?

How would i go about identifying this.

6 minutes ago, 325_driver said:

Starting, then dying immediately - does it sound like a vaccum related thing? I would have thought it would be spluttery if it was vaccum related.

Does anyone else know whether the bottom CCV return pipe to sump could potentially cause a vaccum leak? It felt pretty solid on there, but who knows

Do you have a scanner? If not, scroll through the "check" on the OBD menu. Hold the button in, and it will display a code.  Something will be logged as not working.

Edited by Jacko

1 minute ago, 325_driver said:

During the removal, i was using a wire to help unclip something, and it sparked out across the rocker cover sort of near the coils - you don't reckon you've potentially damaged coils in all of this?

How would i go about identifying this.

Was the battery connected??!

yeah i tried the scanner, no fault codes, and i tried holding check and no code.

Always, always, disconnect the battery.

Do you have ISTA? 

Id be going over every electrical connector thats been disturbed and checking its properly seated. I doubt a coil has been killed, and it likely wouldnt result in that failure mode, however there is a bunch of stuff that could have been spiked. 

Guess i'll check the fuses first, see if theres something blown there

but it is sounding odly like a major vaccum leak, or AFM related

Wish me luck, i really appreciate your responses, hoping this is something super stupid simple, which is usually is.

Actual the pcv heater hose isn't connected, below the throttle body. What you reckon? The vaccum leak lol