Sign in to follow this  
Colourizer

ZF Lifeguard 6 fluid

Hi team,

It's time to change transmission fluid, I've tried to search and ask to get ZF lifeguard 6 anywhere in NZ however not much information and silly prices there.

Does anyone know anyplace to get ZF lifeguard 6?

Yes I know there is a few alternative options but lifeguard is high priority for me.

We're based in Wellington but anyplace in NZ just fine.

Thanks.

I couldn't find any NZ suppliers/stockists of it. You will need to buy it out of the states.

Try ‘All tranz’ - May not be on their site but give them a ring tomorrow. 

It's a while since I researched (there's a thread here that you should find helpful). Ford's Motorcraft Mercon SP for the 6hpxx aka Ford 6R80, is Lifeguard 6 spec.  I wasn't sure if it was full synthetic, and never approached a Ford dealer for price/availability.

The Spec for 6HP26 is:

• ZF Spec TE-ML 11B
  • Shell M-1375.4

Mine was done by my previous independent using Fuchs Titan fluid that met the spec.  

I've since found this; it may or may not be what they used.  https://www.fuchs.com/de/en/special/product/product/22198-titan-atf-1/  specifically approved for TE-ML 11B.

You can definitely buy the Shell fluid from Winger BMW, though it was somewhere $80/litre when I asked a couple of years back.  Bring your own container too, they held only in bulk.

HTH

Edited by Olaf

Thanks all,

Yeah I already asked couple of places include AllTranz and price that I got is silly.

ZF fluid is not that much pricey in the market, but in here NZ ridiculously expensive.

Anyway thank you so much everyone.

ZF Lifeguard is mineral oil based and technically not that special... but vital it be used in OEM warranty repair.  

ZF Germany worked with Q8 Belgium when developing Q8 Unitrans ATF which has ZF approval and modestly priced.  I use it in my Jaguar's ZF gearbox... Q8 Lubricants manufacture lubricants in Europe that are of exceptional quality. 

NZ Agent is Bluepak Lubricants,  based in Plimmerton, Unitrans is ex stock I'm told.

Mike Glover,

Kerikeri.

• Like 1

awesome, thanks and welcome, @MikeG!  Very helpful, and great to know the distributor is local!