Sign in to follow this  
acsnitz

2004 545i

About to buy a 545i that has a cold start rough idle. Plugs, injectors and one o2 sensor replaced and still an issue. Code is saying injection on several cylinders. Can get more info if someone could help. Would also like to rent a scanner if anyone does that! Cheers 

welcome, Graeme.  Would be helpful to know which part of the country you're in - please update your profile.

How many kms on the 545i?  If you're new to the 545i, important to check and verify state of the valve stem seals (common failure on this model), and whether there are coolant leaks (the coolant tube that runs front to back in the Y of the block).  Both of these items are expensive if you're paying for the work to be done.

A well-sorted 545i is a joy to drive.  333hp and 50:50 weight distribution and 1650kgs, they're a great tourer, yet surprisingly nimble with Dynamic Drive suspension and Active steering.   If you're interested in the long-term experience and different repairs and maintenance I've done, take a look here:

• Like 1