M3AN

1 Series - Which Model/Year

8 minutes ago, balancerider said:

S508A park distance control is quite handy (although pretty unusual on Jap imports of that age)

At least without it, it wont fill up with water :D 

PDC and Heated seats are nice.

• Like 1

I've looked at a few build sheets now and think the only things missing from this one (as an example) are sunroof and PDC, neither of which I consider essential but would be nice to have (edit: although I've never needed PDC in the past).

I've not seen any other "cool" options, most of them are MSport and well spec'ed. Seems price, colour and mileage are going to be the determining factors.

Edited by M3AN

No headlight washers, I think it was bundled with xenons in most markets but japan, looks in nice enough spec, also missing the aero spoiler on the hatch. Has a cup holder :D Engine bay is filthy which makes me sad,  and the loom clips look to all be busted so it may have had some rough maintenance in the past. 

Werent many crazy options on the one series, people hunt out less generic interiors than the half black leather/aluminium that 95%  came with, and the BMW Performance stuff which AFAIK were all dealer things. 

• Like 1

the 130i hatch is mostly imports so they tend to all have the xenon headlights.

a lot of nz new 1 series (especially the 135i coupes) do not have the xenon headlights and have the halogen bulb which looks like sh*t.

i would consider xenons essential, heated seats is nice but not a deal breaker, sunroof is nice but rare, lower kms is better but you get what you pay for, i would personally perfer darker interior over grey but would not mind the black interior with coloured seats like driftit's caramel leather.

i think the best way to pick one would be price based on: condition (not mileage), colour, mileage, and options, in that order.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jacko said:

No headlight washers, I think it was bundled with xenons in most markets but japan, looks in nice enough spec, also missing the aero spoiler on the hatch. Has a cup holder :D Engine bay is filthy which makes me sad,  and the loom clips look to all be busted so it may have had some rough maintenance in the past. 

Werent many crazy options on the one series, people hunt out less generic interiors than the half black leather/aluminium that 95%  came with, and the BMW Performance stuff which AFAIK were all dealer things. 

I've always laughed at headlight washers where it doesn't snow. Aero spoiler? Is that different to the one that's there? And, out of curiosity more than anything else, do they all have cup holders under the armrest (assuming that's what you're referring to) or are there alternative configurations like older models (e3/46 etc).

Engine bay made me weep as well but that would come up okay. I'm not actually thinking about getting this one though, just an example. Although I am a little bit temped. If you read the Q&A you'll see the seller isn't a "car person" so to speak. Could be a bargain.

3 hours ago, qube said:

the 130i hatch is mostly imports so they tend to all have the xenon headlights.

a lot of nz new 1 series (especially the 135i coupes) do not have the xenon headlights and have the halogen bulb which looks like sh*t.

i would consider xenons essential, heated seats is nice but not a deal breaker, sunroof is nice but rare, lower kms is better but you get what you pay for, i would personally perfer darker interior over grey but would not mind the black interior with coloured seats like driftit's caramel leather.

i think the best way to pick one would be price based on: condition (not mileage), colour, mileage, and options, in that order.

Yep, xenon is essential for me these days and have to agree with your order of merits. I'd only really go all black interior or black plastics with an interesting leather (in good condition).

Yeah thats got no spoiler, the Aero spoiler sticks out some and flatten the roof line out some, some markets got them with Msport, others didnt. Cup holders were an option, when 1 series came out it was something stupid like a 600 euro option for two shitty holes in centre console, there were many tears. The i drive ones have 1 below the centre bin.  E9xs have mechanical ones that come of dash, and get jammed and break, so simple hole aint all bad. 

20190819_205735_HDR.jpg

Edited by Jacko
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, M3AN said:

Thanks ^.

The LCI lights do look good, have you considered the swap @Jacko?

Down the list of priorities some, but its on the list of things to grab at wrecker if I see them for right price (same thing with door cards!)