Sign in to follow this  
Jacko

Craig Lord - Auckland Mayoral Candidate

2 hours ago, Young Thrash Driver said:

Excepting the meetings when they want to push through something controversial in a hurry... Those ones are closed.

2 hours ago, richard said:

exactly, I don't know about other council's but Auckland has a lot of "closed door meetings" .

I'd heard this about Auckland. And, possibly Wellington. 
I'm becoming more acquainted with council meetings these days, and apparently the rule at at least one in Hawke's Bay is that all meetings are open, all meetings are minuted and minutes are available to the public, and all meetings are recorded.
Could be the exception, of course.

Edited by gjm

exception?   Hastings they didn't want the mayors proposed new 30 odd million water museum to get out in the public before election and when it was leaked  10 days before the election they are now hiring investigators again using public money to try and find the leaker. Public reaction has been complete shock at the waste of money for a, the museum and b, the investigation. They always seem to have illusions of grandeur and try to build suspect cost effective things as some sort of personal monument  instead of sticking to their knitting of running the place efficiently.

thank god for whistleblowers, the council are a law unto themselves and disregard public with impunity. look at the mess wellington is in, theres no way they are acting in the publics interests regarding the gridlocked roads

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, kwhelan said:

exception?   Hastings...

There are 5 councils in Hawke's Bay (and a couple of part-districts, but they're excluded for the sake of governance)... Hastings is the largest, Napier is often considered the capital (a parallel with Auckland/Wellington, there!), and the Regional Council obviously covers more geographic area. As a note, even the recent HBRC EGM was a public event, streamed live.

Absolutely agree re Wellington. I think many in the area also agree, but they're often outnumbered by the heads-up-asses voting majority.