Sign in to follow this  
Jacko

Air compressors

Im in need of a 240V compressor, something that just works and can spit out enough air for occasional home gamer

Have a metric shed load of air tools from previous life, drills/diegrinders/hammers etc. 

Its not going to get a daily use, so dont want to blow a lot of cash on it, something thats on wheels so I can throw it outside the shed when being used, and stored inside. 

Any suggestions? 

i have my 1.5 or 2hp air compressor on loan to @zero if he is done with it maybe he can pass it on to you :)

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, qube said:

i have my 1.5 or 2hp air compressor on loan to @zero if he is done with it maybe he can pass it on to you :)

Yes, I'm happy too.

• Like 1

Picked up a Ryobi 50L 2hp unit, found under shelf at bunnings, complete with a few tools in the box, for $229... pretty sure it was miss-priced (had no tag etc!).. but didnt want to pull on that thread so took it straight to check out and walked out door :) 

• Like 2

Hahaha brilliant, sounds like a score!

@Jacko provided your not using a HVLP paint gun you only really need maximum of 2hp.

$250 would be plenty.

I would hit up the Facebook market place to be honest. Plenty of decent second hands on there for cheap like sub $100 mark.

@Jacko o and you can use a paint gun on those compressors just don't expect to be able to do massive runs with it. I.e. smaller strokes. Still can get a nice finish

Used smaller ones before in the past

Just saying 2hp is plenty

If you are buying new the metric bang for buck you should be looking is the flow rate in CFM or Litres/min LPM

I think these guys were having some discounts. 9cfm is good for less than $300

https://www.machineryhouse.co.nz/Belt-Drive-240V-Air-Compressors?From=Search&s=Air com

But yeah check the CFM on that Bunnings one, is a good price too

Edited by 325_driver

On 8/19/2019 at 1:40 PM, zero said:

Yes, I'm happy too.

Are you happy too

Or happy to

Or both? ?

Edited by 325_driver